Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Hey Murray when you shimmed the transmission in your A did you space between engine and bellhousing or transmission?
Also what size smims should I use?
I need to get it fixed so I can drive it next summer I'm tired of it just sitting.
I believe it was between the flywheel housing and the engine block on the top two bolts. I will check to make sure and get back to you. Tuff go with the MIL, I feel for you had same crap with my mom. Finally the Doc said “every time I send you home you come back with broken bones. He made the decision for us. Now the FIL is 90 and living by him self and the same **** is going on. This time my wife and I will talk to the Doc first. Keep a level head and if you can remember how baby proof the house

I believe it was between the flywheel housing and the engine block on the top two bolts. I will check to make sure and get back to you. Tuff go with the MIL, I feel for you had same crap with my mom. Finally the Doc said “every time I send you home you come back with broken bones. He made the decision for us. Now the FIL is 90 and living by him self and the same **** is going on. This time my wife and I will talk to the Doc first. Keep a level head and if you can remember how baby proof the house
Thanks Murray.
Yea I need to baby proof the house that's a good idea the biggest problem I have is her 2 cats the damn things get on the counters and it pisses me off. Think I might try and take them for a one way drive in my car. LOL
Sorry about you having to deal with your parents I'm finding out what it's like real fast.

Sounds like the FIL is heading that way Murray. It's the best solution all round. It feels like you're deserting them and you can't feel that way. The main concern is that they are in a safe place and get their meds at the correct time and have 3 good meals and companionship as well.
I told my kids to not put me in a nursing home just shoot me.

Sounds like the FIL is heading that way Murray. It's the best solution all round. It feels like you're deserting them and you can't feel that way. The main concern is that they are in a safe place and get their meds at the correct time and have 3 good meals and companionship as well.
I told my kids to not put me in a nursing home just shoot me.
feel the same Mark but I'm going off a cliff and the kids can collect my Social security for a few years before they report me as lost the old bastard.

Saturday morning at the dog park

20221105_104503.jpg

Today after work
20221107_181648.jpg

20221107_181657.jpg

Well another Monday in the books man you guys keep busy in your retirement,I’m gonna keep working all that baby sitting ,cake makin, dear hunting sounds tiring :poke:

Sounds better than my Mon. The manager and I had a discussion about her son doing some work a few weeks back, at the jobsite. I said his biggest issue was he doesn't bring tools to work with. She said he has tools at home. He could run home and get what he needs.
Fri, I was told to get some paint and roller so he could do some painting. Fri, I bought paint and made sure there was a roller and paint tray, plus drop cloth.
Mon, she asked me if I had left a step ladder, extension, etc, so he could paint. I said she didn't ask for those things, and I was under the impression that he was bringing his own tools. Apparently, according to her, I'm supposed to leave my tools there for him to use, regardless if he has his own tools or not, just because she wants her son to do work there.

I didn't leave my tools there, and he didn't go home and get the tools he needed. He just did a cruddy job that I'll have to go back behind him and make better.

When I started the job, I was told that I'm supposed to supply my own tools. I bring my own tools, in my own truck. Her son rides to work with mommy. He keeps tearing up his Jeep his mom bought him.

On another note, I started putting out Christmas decorations for clients yesterday. 50 trips up and down the stairs. Still not done, have to go back sometime this week to finish up, then I have outside lights to do.

Last edited:
Well another Monday in the books man you guys keep busy in your retirement,I’m gonna keep working all that baby sitting ,cake makin, dear hunting sounds tiring :poke:
Something to look forward to Biff but in the meantime keep building our pension money buddy

Sounds better than my Mon. The manager and I had a discussion about her son doing some work a few weeks back, at the jobsite. I said his biggest issue was he doesn't bring tools to work with. She said he has tools at home. He could run home and get what he needs.
Fri, I was told to get some paint and roller so he could do some painting. Fri, I bought paint and made sure there was a roller and paint tray, plus drop cloth.
Mon, she asked me if I had left a step ladder, extension, etc, so he could paint. I said she didn't ask for those things, and I was under the impression that he was bringing his own tools. Apparently, according to her, I'm supposed to leave my tools there for him to use, regardless if he has his own tools or not, just because she wants her son to do work there.

I didn't leave my tools there, and he didn't go home and get the tools he needed. He just did a cruddy job that I'll have to go back behind him and make better.

When I started the job, I was told that I'm supposed to supply my own tools. I bring my own tools, in my own truck. Her son rides to work with mommy. He keeps tearing up his Jeep his mom bought him.

On another note, I started putting out Christmas decorations for clients yesterday. 50 trips up and down the stairs. Still not done, have to go back sometime this week to finish up, then I have outside lights to do.
Good old mom needs to see the work he does and that you have to follow him and repair his work. He's creating more work for you which is ok if you're paid by the hour. Probably spends more time on his phone anyway.

Iv'e had to work with a few bosses sons and I know exactly what your saying.

Morning men happy Tuesday! Short week Friday we honour our Men and women who fought for our freedom, my heart goes out to all past and present thankyou is not enough.

-
Back