Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Thinking of starting the Scamp today and the old truck.
Hey Murray, BTW I think I figured out the winning noise in the old truck.
My father in law rebuilt the tranny, from what I was told and put some new gears in it but only a couple.
Thinking old gears running on new gears would make noise.
Possible, if you have those shims in on the top of the flywheel housing, then it must be something else. Have you read troubleshooting in the mechanic's handbook. The trany in my coupe is very quiet only makes a slight noise in reverse

Possible, if you have those shims in on the top of the flywheel housing, then it must be something else. Have you read troubleshooting in the mechanic's handbook. The trany in my coupe is very quiet only makes a slight noise in reverse
No I haven't but I will. Thanks.

When I installed them the trans just shut up not another peep out of it. Hopefully does the same for you. It’s in that handbook
Just reading and looks like the AA tranny is the same as the car tranny.

Good luck, Snyder’s sells them BTW
I don't put many miles on it mostly loading it on a trailer and parking it at a show. If it goes out I'll get another one.
3RD gear she runs down the road nice, so if it's not an easy fix I'll just be careful and live with it I guess.

Been high 60s for the last few days, started raining overnight, and this morning it's 32* and a mix of rain and wet snow. This **** is expected to continue until Sunday. Winter, version 7.0.
Of course all the snow was gone again by now, just seems like it will never end.

Been high 60s for the last few days, started raining overnight, and this morning it's 32* and a mix of rain and wet snow. This **** is expected to continue until Sunday. Winter, version 7.0.
Of course all the snow was gone again by now, just seems like it will never end.
Same here Randy. Monday was a beautiful sunny day for the drive up to my son's place.
That night it started to rain and never stopped but then later about 9pm yesterday it turned to snow.
The roads would have been nice and clean and no salt and knowing the city boys they probably plastered the roads with the dam stuff.
Turned back to rain overnight and most of the snow has gone now.
Looks like Spring will finally start on Saturday

Same here Randy. Monday was a beautiful sunny day for the drive up to my son's place.
That night it started to rain and never stopped but then later about 9pm yesterday it turned to snow.
The roads would have been nice and clean and no salt and knowing the city boys they probably plastered the roads with the dam stuff.
Turned back to rain overnight and most of the snow has gone now.
Looks like Spring will finally start on Saturday
Been good here so far. Knock on wood.

I don't put many miles on it mostly loading it on a trailer and parking it at a show. If it goes out I'll get another one.
3RD gear she runs down the road nice, so if it's not an easy fix I'll just be careful and live with it I guess.
It’s an easy fix just loosen the bolts on the FLYWHEEL housing jam a thin bladed screwdriver in there. I think the shims are .003 thick, all I know is it was a 30 minute job. I was jaw dropping amazed.

It’s an easy fix just loosen the bolts on the FLYWHEEL housing jam a thin bladed screwdriver in there. I think the shims are .003 thick, all I know is it was a 30 minute job. I was jaw dropping amazed.
Yep did that with a .003 shim. I'll try a bit thicker shim and see if it helps.

Morning guys.
I hope the rain and snow has finally stopped today.
Off to Physio at 7:30 this morning.
2 more sessions I think she said.
Have a good one

1712317640934.gif

Mine makes the rrr, rrr in reverse but quit otherwise, I mean regular truck trans whine but not screaming and howling
Mine is not screaming but louder than it should be I think. When you come over will take it for a drive if you have time.

Morning Gents supposed to be a clear warm day. Saw something on Wednesday in the city that amazed me. On a 4 lane street, no parking 60k, 35-40mph speed limit. Came across an accident scene, I can’t even tell you what kind of car it was it was so smashed up. Driver’s door was nonexistent. I mean traffic lights every block, around noon lots of traffic don’t know how you could get the speed to do that kind of damage. Just amazed me

Morning Gents supposed to be a clear warm day. Saw something on Wednesday in the city that amazed me. On a 4 lane street, no parking 60k, 35-40mph speed limit. Came across an accident scene, I can’t even tell you what kind of car it was it was so smashed up. Driver’s door was nonexistent. I mean traffic lights every block, around noon lots of traffic don’t know how you could get the speed to do that kind of damage. Just amazed me
I would guess someone got hurt in that mess. Hate driving in the big cities. :BangHead:

Just found something else out. Had a small bernzomatic brazing torch for doing jobs that took less gas than the hoses on the actelene torch Oxygen valve screwed up so I threw it out. Burnt garbage, cleaned out ashes found oxygen valve. Now I can destroy this thing taking it apart. Came apart easily wish I had done it before I burnt it. ITS A FREAKING TIRE VALVE THEY MADE ADJUSTABLE

image.jpg

-
Back