Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Hey Charlie you been able to work on your car lately.
Not enough to mention. Got a few house projects on the "summer" agenda. My house turns 30 years old this year and still haven't finished the attached garage. I sure wish I would have made it bigger. 20x20.
I sanded the Barracudas padded dash down (sanded amazingly well) and I am going to try the tinted and thinned down Raptor Liner on it. I did that on the dash frame and it turned out great. It looks like sued.
I might take the transmissions to the builder today. He seems to know his stuff. Mopar freak. He has a Superbird that I have not seen yet.

Not enough to mention. Got a few house projects on the "summer" agenda. My house turns 30 years old this year and still haven't finished the attached garage. I sure wish I would have made it bigger. 20x20.
I sanded the Barracudas padded dash down (sanded amazingly well) and I am going to try the tinted and thinned down Raptor Liner on it. I did that on the dash frame and it turned out great. It looks like sued.
I might take the transmissions to the builder today. He seems to know his stuff. Mopar freak. He has a Superbird that I have not seen yet.
Would like to see how the dash looks when it's all together, sounds like a good idea.
Might have to have my 904 in the Scamp looked at. Was running it hard but not real hard through the gears and when I hit second it slipped a bit before it went in. :BangHead:

Would like to see how the dash looks when it's all together, sounds like a good idea.
Might have to have my 904 in the Scamp looked at. Was running it hard but not real hard through the gears and when I hit second it slipped a bit before it went in. :BangHead:
:BangHead: Thats a lot of modo for a 904. Is it built for high horsepower? I'm going 904 also but less than 400 ponies.

Heading out today to gather more parts that I don't really need so that I can also acquire a few parts that I want. Package deals are the bane of my existence, lol

Heading out today to gather more parts that I don't really need so that I can also acquire a few parts that I want. Package deals are the bane of my existence, lol
I like parts gathering and haven't done that in a long time.

Well time to go cut the excess fiberglass off the new chin spoiler. The part I hate the most, but now I have an exhaust fan so it should make a difference.

Yes as long as I don't run slicks on the back and get good traction, I was told it will be just fine.
Smoked 2nd gear in my 727 when I got it rebuilt I had my trans guy install hemi clutches and double wrap bands and assorted gear. No problems since

Smoked 2nd gear in my 727 when I got it rebuilt I had my trans guy install hemi clutches and double wrap bands and assorted gear. No problems since
727 is a hell of a good tranny. I hand heavy duty clutches put in my 904 but I should go to a 727 or find me a 4 speed.

727 is a hell of a good tranny. I hand heavy duty clutches put in my 904 but I should go to a 727 or find me a 4 speed.
Switching transmissions need to pay attention to the balance of the engine. Torque converter or flywheel, internal balance or external balance.

Switching transmissions need to pay attention to the balance of the engine. Torque converter or flywheel, internal balance or external balance.
Mine is internal balanced but yea thanks for the reminder I'd hate to screw it up. :BangHead:

My 360 was external balance but the new forged steel crank is internal needed a new flex plate and harmonic balancer
I'm running a Blue Print 408 and came with everything but the flex plate but I got that all figured out with some help. I'm learning but getting late in the game to build anything new.

Done, takes a couple days for the paint to dry but another chin spoiler finished. :BangHead:

IMG_20240504_190257997.jpg

I'm running a Blue Print 408 and came with everything but the flex plate but I got that all figured out with some help. I'm learning but getting late in the game to build anything new.
True was thinking about a 408 but the block machining made me back off. It’s still a #s matching car. I’ll be happy with 3.58 stroke

Been a busy week and weekend, finally got a sunny day yesterday so I took a 600 mile round trip to pick up a set of 5 Pontiac Rally II rims for my Ventura. Date coded for a 67 GTO apparently, not that I care about that. 15x7 and they were sandblasted and primed already.
20240505_111349.jpg

Seller says he also has new beauty rings, paint mask kits, and center caps for them, but wasn't sure where they were. Said he would let me know when he finds them and maybe we can make a deal on them too.
Picked up a new Milwaukee 1/2 drive M18 impact from one of my customers last week too. Smokin deal, $100 bucks off retail price. Been wanting one of these for a while now, and man does it have some torque!
20240503_081557.jpg

-
Back