Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Been a busy week and weekend, finally got a sunny day yesterday so I took a 600 mile round trip to pick up a set of 5 Pontiac Rally II rims for my Ventura. Date coded for a 67 GTO apparently, not that I care about that. 15x7 and they were sandblasted and primed already.
View attachment 1716245911
Seller says he also has new beauty rings, paint mask kits, and center caps for them, but wasn't sure where they were. Said he would let me know when he finds them and maybe we can make a deal on them too.
Picked up a new Milwaukee 1/2 drive M18 impact from one of my customers last week too. Smokin deal, $100 bucks off retail price. Been wanting one of these for a while now, and man does it have some torque!
View attachment 1716245915
Nice rims Randy, I hope the guy can find the rings and center caps.
Never tried Milwaukee tools.

Nice rims Randy, I hope the guy can find the rings and center caps.
Never tried Milwaukee tools.
The beauty rings and caps are available new, I actually have an order with Ames Performance waiting to hear back from the guy who sold me the rims.
I have had a 1/4 drive Milwaukee impact and a hammer drill for over 10 years, been really happy with both of them.

The beauty rings and caps are available new, I actually have an order with Ames Performance waiting to hear back from the guy who sold me the rims.
I have had a 1/4 drive Milwaukee impact and a hammer drill for over 10 years, been really happy with both of them.
Wow I didn't know you could still get caps and rings. Cool!

Wow I didn't know you could still get caps and rings. Cool!
I have a pair of 15x6 Rallye II rims, found them at a swap meet a couple years ago, but couldn't find another pair. Wife found these one on Facebook, so I can sell the pair of 15x6 now and get some money back!
As I mentioned earlier I have wanted to put a set of these on for a long time, I did pick up some really nice Eagle alloy wheels several years ago but they just never looked right on it, and it seems like the perfect time, the tires on the car now are 14 inch, they have lots of tread remaining, but they are easily 10 years old or more, so for safety reasons I want to replace them. Sucks but when the car only gets driven 1000 miles a year on average, it can't be helped.
I have to replace the rear main seal and the transmission pan gasket this year too, they're both leaking.

I have a pair of 15x6 Rallye II rims, found them at a swap meet a couple years ago, but couldn't find another pair. Wife found these one on Facebook, so I can sell the pair of 15x6 now and get some money back!
As I mentioned earlier I have wanted to put a set of these on for a long time, I did pick up some really nice Eagle alloy wheels several years ago but they just never looked right on it, and it seems like the perfect time, the tires on the car now are 14 inch, they have lots of tread remaining, but they are easily 10 years old or more, so for safety reasons I want to replace them. Sucks but when the car only gets driven 1000 miles a year on average, it can't be helped.
I have to replace the rear main seal and the transmission pan gasket this year too, they're both leaking.
Leaking is normal when we get old. :lol:
Will have to post some pictures when you get the new rims on please.

Wife dragged me to a garbage sale yesterday. Found 6 craftsman wrenches $3 to put in stock if I lose one. And this gem. Old man worked for telephone company and had an old phone collection this one for some reason I sold. But got one like it for half the price I sold the other one for.
IMG_2298.jpeg

Wife dragged me to a garbage sale yesterday. Found 6 craftsman wrenches $3 to put in stock if I lose one. And this gem. Old man worked for telephone company and had an old phone collection this one for some reason I sold. But got one like it for half the price I sold the other one for. View attachment 1716245926
Cool an old rotor. Bet you would have a hard time finding a young person that could figure it out. LOL

Wife dragged me to a garbage sale yesterday. Found 6 craftsman wrenches $3 to put in stock if I lose one. And this gem. Old man worked for telephone company and had an old phone collection this one for some reason I sold. But got one like it for half the price I sold the other one for. View attachment 1716245926
Good old Manitoba Telephone System, looks just like the one we had in our house when i was a kid. Hell, I still remember the phone number from the 1970s!

Will have to post some pictures when you get the new rims on please.
Will do, probably be a few weeks before that happens, have to get the proper paints and get that done first. A couple interesting things about the seller, he's also from Manitoba originally, and he owns a custom hot rod shop now. Had I known that before I went to pick up the wheels, I might have gotten him to paint them too.
There were some pretty cool cars in his shop, I didn't take any pictures, don't know if he would have been ok with that. His own personal project is a chopped '50 Mercury 2 door coupe, super cool car! There was also a 28 model A tudor getting the full hot rod makeover, a late 60s Toyota FJ40 getting rebuilt and hot rodded, a 1970 Camaro Z28 restoration project, and a 67 LeMans convertible restomod.

Will do, probably be a few weeks before that happens, have to get the proper paints and get that done first. A couple interesting things about the seller, he's also from Manitoba originally, and he owns a custom hot rod shop now. Had I known that before I went to pick up the wheels, I might have gotten him to paint them too.
There were some pretty cool cars in his shop, I didn't take any pictures, don't know if he would have been ok with that. His own personal project is a chopped '50 Mercury 2 door coupe, super cool car! There was also a 28 model A tudor getting the full hot rod makeover, a late 60s Toyota FJ40 getting rebuilt and hot rodded, a 1970 Camaro Z28 restoration project, and a 67 LeMans convertible restomod.
Sounds like a good friend to have.

Good old Manitoba Telephone System, looks just like the one we had in our house when i was a kid. Hell, I still remember the phone number from the 1970s!
Have old wooden wall hanging crank phones, old rottery Pay phones, candle stick phones, crank desk phones probably have 2 doz. Old phones and why I sold that particular phone IDK oh well problem solved.

They're also making battery lawnmowers now

Morning guys and a beautiful day ahead.
I'll be driving my daughter's family into Toronto late morning.
Her husband had a cochlear implant way back and he has to have it tested for the final time
Hopefully we can miss the rush hr traffic on the way home.
Have a great day

Morning guys and a beautiful day ahead.
I'll be driving my daughter's family into Toronto late morning.
Her husband had a cochlear implant way back and he has to have it tested for the final time
Hopefully we can miss the rush hr traffic on the way home.
Have a great day
Safe drive Mark.

Morning guys.
Great weather yesterday and our trip to Toronto was pretty good.
Basically clear sailing there and back but any later coming home and would have been insane.
Went to our first car show last night with our gang.
It was a great night for it and a great turnout as well.
Some cars we haven't seen before especially two new Challengers.
One had the beautiful green with the Swinger decals. Nice car
Today my wife and I are going out to lunch with our FB group to Timmies.
Should be a lot of laughs.
Have a great day

Rain, rain, maybe some wet snow and oh did I mention rain?
Just heard that we are expecting to get a whole month's worth of rain today and tomorrow.
Then high 70s by the weekend.

We do need the rain,but not all in two days!

Ground won’t dry up here because of the rain. I have insurance this year so no worries. It pays if I can’t get planted by mid June

Been a gorgeous day and of course we have that dam wind. Quite strong really.
Went out buying plants and mulch and some tomato plants.
Later this afternoon we had our first Crown and Coke. Sure went down really nice like.
Rain on and off tomorrow but sun all weekend. Woo hoo!!

Been a gorgeous day and of course we have that dam wind. Quite strong really.
Went out buying plants and mulch and some tomato plants.
Later this afternoon we had our first Crown and Coke. Sure went down really nice like.
Rain on and off tomorrow but sun all weekend. Woo hoo!!
Rain all day here but going to dry out soon.

Rain, rain, maybe some wet snow and oh did I mention rain?
Just heard that we are expecting to get a whole month's worth of rain today and tomorrow.
Then high 70s by the weekend.

We do need the rain,but not all in two days!
The wind ripped the roof off of the Shelby High School today. Nice little rain here.

-
Back