late model bullitt wheels on an early A

-

BLOW-DART

Reaction score
here are some shots of my 64' with 17x8 mustang bullitt wheels.

the car came with small bolt pattern kelsey hays discs' and a large bolt patter disc conversion had been done on the rear end.

1'' adapters from 4'' to 4.5'' in the front did two things, got me to large bolt patter and brought the wheels just far enough off the upper control arm.

because these wheels have 5.72'' backspacing i had to use 1'' adapters in the rear as well. still have more than a finger width to the outside edge and lots of room to the springs. if you did a spring relocation you could probably get 10" rims under there and just pull out the adapters.

the tires are 245/45/17 front and rear. now the front tires will rub if you exit or enter a driveway quickly but i have not rolled the fenders because i dont want to take the trim off.

these wheels can be found pretty cheap as a different style to the torque thrust wheels.

be carefull when you buy used though. there were some different model years that had slightly different sizes. i bought a set of four and didnt notice untill i got home that 3 of the wheels were 5.72'' backspacing and 1 had 6.25'' backspacing! now i got lucky and found out that my rear end is sitting in my car a half inch to one side so it actually worked out perfect for me.

IMG_5186.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg
IMG_5187.jpg

With those adaptors, have you noticed ANY "run-out" or imbalance, or shimmying in the front end?.........Anything different at all?

I ask because I have a set of good SEMA approved adaptors that have caused me such problems....... Anything strange with yours?

With those adaptors, have you noticed ANY "run-out" or imbalance, or shimmying in the front end?.........Anything different at all?

I ask because I have a set of good SEMA approved adaptors that have caused me such problems....... Anything strange with yours?

cant say it drives any worse than it did :). i do have a little more of a vibration but the front wheels have multiple flat spots in each.

and im using acorn lugs all around so i think they are all pretty round.

-
Back