Late model rear end

-
Been driving for about a week now, no problems at all. The rear springs are new and seem a little stiff and I need some new shocks but otherwise no problems. Put on a set of 255 60 R15 Mickey Thompson street / drag radials and that took car of my traction problems. If I run into any problems I will post them here

You have a big block in your car, ie intend to go VERY fast, but you don't want to get into making the stopping power equall to the task???? No offense, you have done well with all the rest, but R U STUPID? If you wanna go fast you gotta have ALL the parts up to snuff and a single resivoir master cylinder IS NOT up to the task. If you ever come to this part of the country, I gaurentee they wont let you on our track because we try to avoid having guys launching their cars off the end of the track when they find they are unable to stop do to brake failure. Please, for your sake, and ESPECIALLY for all the other people out their on the public roads, FIX IT. Your car will thank you for it in the long run.

I agree you need to upgrade the MC.....the rear drums are fine but that MC needs to go. Easy to swap to a mid 80's 3/4 ton Dodge truck MC...aluminum body and plastic resivor......I run stock dics fronts and stock drum rears and hit 113mph in the quarter and make the first turn off easy......I think the car stops better than my '98 CTD Ram.

Krabysniper. you'll be happy to know last week I ordered an offset adapter and new mastercylinder, will be upgrading the front brakes to disc before the car goes to the track.

smythge said:
Krabysniper. you'll be happy to know last week I ordered an offset adapter and new mastercylinder, will be upgrading the front brakes to disc before the car goes to the track.

Exxxxxxcellllllllent!!!! You will notice a HUGE difference, I assure you. And now we should be able to hope that you will never have to make a post about how you wrecked your car because you were unable to stop. Good man.

how many inches did you use to weld in the spring perches, how many inches is the flange to the spring perches and so the pinion angle will match with the drive shaft? also what car and year is this? thank you.!

-
Back