Late model seats in your A body

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
Im trying to decide if Im going to put late model seats in my barracuda. I was wondering if you guys could post some pictures of them in your cars.

Thanks
Evan

Im trying to decide if Im going to put late model seats in my barracuda. I was wondering if you guys could post some pictures of them in your cars.

Thanks
Evan

they are not quite in but I have 96 sebring convertible seats going in mine
View attachment DSCF2773.jpg

View attachment DSCF2779.jpg

View attachment DSCF2771.jpg

View attachment DSCF2774.jpg

the rear seats have to be shaved on the top back sides about 1/2 inch so it doesn't wrinkle on the side panels for the top.
for the back seat I had to get the bracing that the 96 used to mount the seat and I'll add a filler panel to the back (I'll get a deeper well out of the conversion and have an easier time to cover the top with a custom boot)

DSC00093.jpg

Re-upholstered '97 Sebring convertible seats.

DSC00093.jpg

Re-upholstered '97 Sebring convertible seats.

Whoeeee dang those look good! did you do the rear seat too?
how did you modify the mounting bracket on the front. I don't want to re-invent the way to do it if I can help it. got any pic's of the mounting setup
thanks

Black leather seats from a 2001 Audi TT in my 72 Duster, just the right size and look I was going for...

Attachments

• 11-15-09 (25) (Medium).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 530
  • 11-15-09 (23) (Medium).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 531
  • 11-15-09 (22) (Medium).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 525
Whoeeee dang those look good! did you do the rear seat too?
how did you modify the mounting bracket on the front. I don't want to re-invent the way to do it if I can help it. got any pic's of the mounting setup
thanks

The back seat is stock. The mounting hardware is nothing complicated...just some angle brackets and flat plates...but I don't have any closeups that show detail. I'll try to take some pictures if they show clearly enough.

If I was doing it again, I'd design and weld up a frame from square tubing.

Sebring vert seats again, still need to be reupholstered.
I cut the risers out of the floor near the rocker so they'd sit low enough for my liking, then re-inforced the floor both inside and underneath at the seat mount points.

Attachments

• march 25, 2012 020_1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 419
  • floor 007_1.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 401
I think I found the pair that Im going to use. They are from a Jaguar, not sure on the year but I like the looks of them. Im going to change the design a little when I reupholster them.
536578_3673836696032_1578387732_32967243_1111076007_n.jpg

This is a thread I have been looking for! Did they offer a Sebring Vert with manual seats? I like the seat belt all built into the seat so I can do away with the factory mess my 74 Dart has as well as them being able to fold foward. I want to be able to roll 4 deep if need be in my Dart or be able to get in the back seat for my 20 year old use if you know what I mean. LOL. I would also like to even put the console out of a Sebring into my car if I can get it all together from a salvage yard cheap. I want to do away with my custom one that the previous owner made and move my radio up to where the old radio is. I guess while Im here, what is all involved in removing the dash pad? I need a new one in a bad way as well.

Sebring vert seats are all electric, they have to be for the seatbelts to work. Here's the writeup from corvair kid. http://corvairkid.com/sebring.htm
You also need to remember that the belts aren't attached to a re-enforced area of the floor, so you'll need to beef up the floor where the seat bolts in

Dash pad has five small nuts across the top tthat have to be removed, most are hard to get to without pulling the dash, and there's two more on the ends.

Those Audi TT seats look nice....all manual too I see.

We're they hard to mount to the floor or did they need modified?

Those Audi TT seats look nice....all manual too I see.

We're they hard to mount to the floor or did they need modified?

Yeah all manual, and the seat can lift up and down to adjust height, plus the back tilts foward to get into the rear seat. I just had to cut off a frw mounting tabs on the seats, then I welded a peice of flat stock between the sliders so I can drill and mount in the existing Duster bolt holes. Didnt take much work but I did have to weld. Well worth it.

-
Back