Late shifts after new torque converter.

-
PR Adjusting screw just like the picture in the lower right corner of post 51.

If the top of that spring is down off the seat like a half an inch. Back it off till the spring is flush with the end like in the picture for Transgo adjustment.

Give that a try, it will either be better or worse and go from there. I am thinking it is going to be better.

Well guess what the problem was. .

I kinked my Lokar kickdown cable in two places and it was holding the cable just enough to not let it return easily. I massaged the kinks a bit and it's working again. Now to my original problem, why am I turning 3000 rpm at 65 with 2.76 gears???
I'll save that for a new post. Thanks everyone!

Well guess what the problem was. .

I kinked my Lokar kickdown cable in two places and it was holding the cable just enough to not let it return easily. I massaged the kinks a bit and it's working again. Now to my original problem, why am I turning 3000 rpm at 65 with 2.76 gears???
I'll save that for a new post. Thanks everyone!

What type of tachometer are you using to read your engine RPMs, that could be off by 500 rpm or you have it set on 6 cylinder instead of 8 cylinder as far as the tachometer buttons are concerned.

Try another tachometer and see what type of RPMs you are getting with that one. Lots of those cheep mini tachs for sale to test with.

Check the trans oil pan temperature with one of those heat temp guns with the infra red beam. See if the trans is overheating as if something slipping inside. Should not be over 200 degrees if things are working right. 250 degrees plus, then you may have a problem.

Also get a GPS / MPH App on sombody's phone and compare your car's speedometer ground speed with the speed on the MPH phone app. Want those to be close to the same readings. Or your speedo gear may be wrong for your rear end gearing and tire size.

Just reporting , my high shift point thing was related to my kickdown adjustment too. Backed it way off, and put a return spring on it, shift points came way down,, much better now.

The throttle pressure adjustment is the most critical and difficult adjustment in our old Mopars....I'd rather adjust a rear quarter window. ...LOL

Jeff

-
Back