Latest Noobie, 1st post to say hello.

-

'65MoTruck

Reaction score
Hello.
OK so I suppose I should stand up and introduce myself and tell you a little bit about myself?
'65MoTruck=Hank
Was given a 1965 Dodge D-100 in incredibly BAD shape. 1 day away from going to the scrap yard, and a friend called me up and asked if I wanted it I could take it away. She thought if anyone would fix it up I would. OK I'm your Huckleberry.
That was a little over three years ago and a new found knowledge of locating classic Dodge parts. I will admit though over the years I have built/restored a few cars and trucks. This one I'll keep just because I have too much time/money invested to turn it with any hope of breaking even much less a profit. I must say for a tired UGLY old truck she's kinda grown on me. She's not quite as ugly and not nearly as tired. I'm still in amazement of the prices on ANYTHING to do with performance / customizing the A 318 Poly engine. (4 years ago I'd have NO idea what you were talking about) Now I can tell you specifics. All 318's are not created alike!
Anyway I'm rambling, something I've started doing since I began working on this truck.
Look forward to meeting you guys!
P.S. would love to find a 4 bbl intake that doesn't cost $500.00-$700.00!

Welcome! As for a 318 Poly intake,might post an ad in the "parts wanted" forum. CPPA does do a air gap style dual plane,for about 500-600....

welcome Hank i sure would like to see some pics of your truck .

AbodyBomber Thanks for the CCPA info. Went there and drooled all over my desk! I will work on th4e pics as soon as I figure out the picture posting process. I'm not the swiftest on computer nav.
So just to prepare the total restoration folks, (Insert disclaimer here) Mine is not a restoration truck. It is more of a resto mod. Since it was in such bad shape I have had to do a lot with what I could get. Although I haven't gone to the point of destroying anything that couldn't be put back if someone just had to have it and wanted to go that route. Fair warning, it would be expensive. And once I get it done the way I'd like to, well then I doubt very seriously if I would part with it.

Welcome aboard Hank, Good to see you are enjoying our great tech's and folks here

View attachment IMG_20140404_111312_125.jpg
Testing...
Not too sure I got this right, will know shortly!
OK! got it right!
This is it's current state. Gotta find the first day pics! You'll love those.LOL
Once the body was fairly straight. Then I made my focus mainly on mechanical/Driveability.
What was once a haul it home disaster is now a daily driver
>

-
Back