Laysik Eye Surgery

-

BWDart

Reaction score
Anyone had the laser eye surgery? What's the going rate? I have an appt for a consultation. This place has no down and a payment plan. I'm real tired of glasses.
Thanks Bruce

Best thing I ever did! Only drawback was that reading now requires glasses. I wanted to see while driving and playing golf. They did give me the option to just do one eye, but I wanted both done. Maybe some day they will figure out how to keep both, like they do now with contacts...By the way I paid $1650 an eye when I had it done.

it is great.i could not read a big numbered alarm clock in arm reach from my bed without squinting. had consultation one day procedure the next. it cost me $2600 for both eyes with the lifetime deal if i need a correction it will be done at no extra charge. only draw back is at night i have driving glasses if i want to wear them. i do not have to but they help brighten everything up alittle bit. the daytime is awesome i see 20/20 out one eye and almost 20/15 out the other. no glasses, no contacts, i can wear nice sunglasses. money well spent. i am 27 and am going to enjoy this for a long time I hope? check with the lasik vision institute. i can give you there number. they are all over the united states. this is where i got mine done as did 2 other guys i sent there and my dads coworker that refered me to there.

I spelled it wrong, the one I'm going to is the Lasik Vision Institute in San Antonio. Got an afternoon appt so I can hang around for the Mopar Muscle club meeting at the Pig Stand, eat some BBQ and maybe meet some mopar guys.

My Daughter works for an eye Surgeon in Houston Texas! Prices vary from Doctor to Doctor and it depends on where you have it done. Where my Daughter works they have the BEST and UPDATED equipment that can be purchased and the Doctor is one of the best in the Country so it cost a little more at this place than most others.
I would not be worried too much about cost but would be concerned about who is doing it and there success rate and quality of there work. Sort of like your car,you can tak it to the Dealer which has a higher overhead and get a job done for $$$$$$ or take it to BUBBAS GARAGE and get the same job for $$! Now all the guys that work at the dealer are ASE certified but Old Bubba was certified by his Grandpa 20 years ago!
When it comes to your EYES don't cut no corners! You only have one set to see with forever,get the best availiable Doctor in your area or go to another area and see another Doctor. But to answer your question depending on the type of laser surgery you actually need! I say around $1000.00 to $1200.00 per eye is a pretty good rule of thumb. Some places are a little less some a little more. Where my Daughter works it runs about $ 1500.00 to $2000.00 per eye rule of thumb some being more and some a little less.
I guess they have a HIGHER overhead, I do know that the new laser machine they use is VERY VERY EXPENSIVE and is STATE OF THE ART ! And again the Doctor is one of the BEST EYE SURGEONS in the USA! Hope everything works out well with your laser surgery and you are able to see 20 /20.

By the way I have been to that PIG STAND and ate a few times! They have a good little swap meet there on one sunday morning of each month,and some mouth watering pancakes. You should be OK going to the Place you referenced for your Lasik surgery,but again it depends on who does it also.

I checked into it and got the same response as 1BADGTS that I would need to wear reading glasses. I spend a lot more time without glasses on doing close up and computer work than I do driving so it didn't make sense to have surgury to increase the amount of time I will need to wear glasses.

I also tried the bifocal contact and I couldn't see well at distance or up close so those were a bust. I also tried a contact on one eye for distance and nothing on the other and couldn't get used to that.

So, I put my glasses on to drive and do activities that require distance vision and take them off for everything else.

Had mine done ~2 months ago. The total was somewhere around $3400 and it was worth every penny. Acuity was at 20/15 at the one-month follow up visit. It was a little more expensive as I chose to have the flap created with a laser rather than the fancy Bic razor thing. It wrecks less corneal tissue (in case of a future need for readjustment), has a lower risk of infection, etc... plus it involves another friggin' laser! 8) It's a relatively new method that hasn't had years and years of observation for bizarre latent defects down the road, but worth consideration nonetheless.

The results are life-changing in many small ways. I'm still hoping to develop some weird superpowers as a side-effect, but if not that's fine too.

I hope it goes well for you.

I had it done by Dr. Boothe 1-13-06 (Friday the 13th). Supposed to be one of the best. He does all the surgery himself, which others may not do. Also, the entire thing was done with lasers. No blades. I was 20-400 uncorrected, which is legally blind. I see 20-20 and can still read....most of the time without readers. However, if I'm looking at something really close I have to use readers.
He keeps it really cool in the op room, dark, and metal music playing at high volume. You'd never expect that talking to him

My wife had it done years ago when it first came out. 2000 an eye when she did it. she was 20- 600 and 20-800. Couldn't read anything without glasses or contacts. Best thing she ever did. Its like she never wore glasses. It's improved greatly since she did it. Just don't always base things on price. We could have gotten it a little cheaper, but when your messing with your eyes. We went with referrals and the reputation of the cleveland clinic. Just my 2 cents. Good luck

-
Back