LCA Pivot Shaft Replacement

-

WarHammer

Reaction score
Hello All.

Just a quick question with regards to replacement of the LCA pivot shaft. Under what circumstances should one replace them? Is there a tolerance of wear that should be measured or is it simply that if they are not bent or broken they are good to continue with reusing.

*71 Duster w/later model spool mount k-frame

Of note, I am currently overhauling my suspension and installing all new bushings throughout. Just looking for insight as to whether or not I should/need to replace those pivot shafts. Thanks.

I would. Be a shame to do them a year later if the bushing deteriorates or starts squeaking or gives you some play. JMO
Bushings not shafts.

Last edited:
If you’re gonna have everything else apart, why not do them?

Question to me appears to be weather to replace the shaft that presses onto the bushing. Don't really see a need unless bent or shows wear. More of a concern is that the tollerances of the ID on the replacement bushings don't allow a proper fit into the bushings (too loose). Several threads on here about that worth looking into.

Don't replace them unless they are showing signs of a problem. Factory originals are quality drop-forged steel. Replacements are machined from bar stock. Keep them.

The loose bushing problem is the poly bushings. Stock bushings generally fit fine.

Yes look them over and reuse. They are not a wear part so they usually last a long time.

-
Back