Lca rubber bush that fit

-
BTW take pictures of the upper eccentrics and try to set the new ones there. It helps.

BTW take pictures of the upper eccentrics and try to set the new ones there. It helps.
New eccentrics? I was planning on re using my existing ones. Ru referring to the upper cams that adjust the upper control arms? Im actually on the fence about the bac bergman arms.. they look rediculously easy to adjust and caster for days…

New eccentrics? I was planning on re using my existing ones. Ru referring to the upper cams that adjust the upper control arms?
if they're in good condition, they're a-okay to reuse. inspect closely though, sometimes the cam plates like to waller out or the bolt shanks get ate up by rust.

i scribe them when pulling it all down, or if it's clean you can shoot some paint on there to make a temp. easy to tell where to reset everything so you're in the ballpark.

We're talking about lower control arms here.. no eccentric in lowers.. Only on uppers.

Yeah word.. i see what u mean now.. yes my uppers are good.. although we are talking lowers, i do have the whole shabang apart. My bush will be here soon. Until then im welding on the lca with the stiffening plates and sway bar tabs.. my tabs were bolt on helwig and i wasnt happy with how i mounted them with the bolts so im better aligning them and burning them on. Then some rattle can black. Pics to come

Along these lines..
Does the bush get pressed in the arm, then pin…or.. pin first, then bush in arm? Or doesnt matter? Thanks

I did bushing first then a stack of washers to keep the inner sleeve from being pushed out ,then the pin. I would imagine you could put the pin in the bushing first but then you'd need a tall tube/pipe and a proper sized washer with some strength, to go around the pin so you can press on the outer lip of the bushing. I dont actually know what the proper order is but I'd imagine both would work. And I do have a 67 and 68 service manual but as usual I don't have access to Miller tool C-whatever......

I ran into the same issue. I bought some cheap generic (more than likely Chinese) rockauto lca bushings and they were super loose not a press fit at all. So I ordered some proforge and they worked nicely. Fit perfectly. Been on for 4 years and still working good.

I did bushing first then a stack of washers to keep the inner sleeve from being pushed out ,then the pin. I would imagine you could put the pin in the bushing first but then you'd need a tall tube/pipe and a proper sized washer with some strength, to go around the pin so you can press on the outer lip of the bushing. I dont actually know what the proper order is but I'd imagine both would work. And I do have a 67 and 68 service manual but as usual I don't have access to Miller tool C-whatever......
I did pins first, and then found some black pipe that was the right diameter from home depot to go around the pin and push that assembly into the arm.

My proforged bush just showed up. . I ordered from summit. First look, They are gonna work.

Mevotech bush just arrived
Order from rock auto.
They will work but not as good as proforged. The fit of the pin is not as tight. I dont hava caliper to measure but fist look is. They look ok. Proforged are better pieces tho.

I've got a junk Delco here that Rock Auto would not take back even though they have a lifetime warranty. I would go with Pro Forged.

Great.....I'll keep my NOS stock and install as needed......

-
Back