Ld 340 intakes

-
There are differences in some of the castings.I believe it has to do with the choke. I dont think they effect power any. I think Rumblefish has pictures.

I think that some may have bosses for the A/C mounting and some don't.

heres 2 different castings.

Attachments

• 2038.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 404
  • 3081.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 419
the difference is were the choke well would be. I dont know why the change, You cant use a stock choke on either one. The blue also have the mopar part #

Performance wise, I don't believe any difference. I always use them, On mildly built motor. They are really good intakes.

Thanks guys! Sounds good, research says LD intake is one of the best.
Now to find one with an ac mount.

I think you are out of luck there. The Performer and Torker are the only Edelbrock intakes that you can use the stock a/c with.

The Weiand stealth or action plus can be used the the stock a/c unit.

I think you are out of luck there. The Performer and Torker are the only Edelbrock intakes that you can use the stock a/c with.

The Weiand stealth or action plus can be used the the stock a/c unit.

A/C ? What's that ? I use to use that as a gear downshifting on a 67 coronet I use to own way back in the day. LOL

Lol guys,,well it's going on an h code 73 duster I'm trying put back to original. Needless to say it came with ac. I have an all original 68 340 drivetrain I'm planning to place in there. That's why I was thinking of swapping the original cast intake to the LD. so what would be my second option intake to keep the ac on,and in that era?

The stock intake isnt a bad piece but its heavy. Are you going to run a Thermoquad ? The LD would need to be modified to use the Thermoquad. Weiand action plus would be my next choice.

The stock intake isnt a bad piece but its heavy. Are you going to run a Thermoquad ? The LD would need to be modified to use the Thermoquad. Weiand action plus would be my next choice.

Leaning towards as original as possible. Thermal would be good if I can make it work. Ill have to look into the weiand too.

-
Back