LD340 manifold vs RPM Air Gap

-

Speedotann

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just picked up a brand new RPM Airgap for my 360 from my buddy for $175... YaY!!!! Yes, it's a true Edelbrock. I am currently running an LD340 on it (cracked my first RPM on install). What will be the difference in performance? any gains?pros and cons? Thanks everyone!!! Hope to see some of you tomorrow at the FALL FLING!!!!!!

Brian

From what I have seen reported is there will be very little difference. The normal recomendation is if you have an LD340 the cost of the RPM is not worth the small perfromance gain.

The Airgap will be more cold blooded than the LD340. In 40 degree weather it takes a couple of miles for my car to warm up enough to be happy. In 20 degree weather it can be 5 or more miles.

Maybe the person on here who did the switch from the LD 340 to the air gap will chime in,i belive he saw some good gains and gains in performance is good in my book ,put it on and run it see if theres any difference.. of coarse the best way to really see any difference would be to run it at the track...

Hey everyone, I just picked up a brand new RPM Airgap for my 360 from my buddy for $175... YaY!!!! Yes, it's a true Edelbrock. I am currently running an LD340 on it (cracked my first RPM on install). What will be the difference in performance? any gains?pros and cons? Thanks everyone!!! Hope to see some of you tomorrow at the FALL FLING!!!!!!

Brian

May as well put it on if you have it. It will work well on a SoCal car with our hot summers. I am going to be at the Fling with my Dart. See you there!

The RPM AG will show gains over the LD. But at it's current price tag, I'll modify a LD as per MoPars instructions and add a spacer for the extra plenum.

IMO, *I think* you'll loose a little low speed torque and not get the same top end power, but it'll be a good intake. A 2 hole spacer (A oval on each side) is what I would use. (If need be)

I saw significant gains with the airgap from ld340 swap.
it really, i mean REALLY woke my 340 up.

holley 750
mopar .557 lift solid cam
mildly worked X heads
hooker super comps
msd electrics

there should be a gain in the mid range torque and top end power with little sacrafice to the bottom. as mentioned cold starts will be a little more diff. also be ready to tune a little on the carb, you might have to up the jet size because of the cold denser air that will be entering the engine. i was very happy with the change from my ld.

I loved the change from my TorkerII 360 to the AG.

The nice thing about the LD is the generous sized near gasket matched ports with a good plenum amount.

It falls behind on against the RPM design due to the RPM's nicer runners even though there smaller. Which is a key item. Velocity is it on this intake and it's additinal height for a better shot into the head.

Thanks all...... I will do a home gasket/port match on the AG (should I do it?). I will let you all know of what I get out of it. I also have a 6pack fiberglass scoop to install. any considerations with adding that to the mix?

Thanks,

Brian

well the car will be faster with the lighter hood and cold air so the back to back test is out the window, match it if you have done so to the heads.

Depends on the engine build/cam size for a port matching. IMO at least.

I just change to air gap , car takes longer to warm up , but has better mid range and top end . Car seems a bit faster , but that could be all in my head

Just put an airgap on with EZ efi and you won't have any more problems.

Now that is a sweet looking system. Wish I had cash for that one!

When you look at the intake its more of an airgap anyway

Single plenum! AG or not. Single plenum.
All out baby!

Oh yyea, I remember that thread, nice system. Real nice!

-
Back