Ld340

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
The last piece I wanted for my 360 build will soon be on its way,thanks to Oldkimmer,and the LD340 is going to be sweet,I know some say there are better ones out there,but from my research its still a good unit.

Everyone seems to be so focused on what a magazine article says is the best, that they forget the "second best" thing might only be a hair behind. What's it all for?

The ld340 is fine. Enjoy it! Life's short!

The newer Edelbrock RPMs might be better but you won't be able to tell the difference.

Yep iys an intake, google it up here in Canada,in early spring and laite fall the heat crossover is a must if you want to cruise early.Draw back is a hoter mixture but a spacer between the carb and intake works good.

Joe Mc

Heres a few shots of 2 LD340's I have. One a stock Direct Conection parts (W/Chrysler part number) and the other a modified over the counter part.

This intake can be hogged out to accept the Thermo Quad carb (as kind of shown) and this one also has the plenum diveider milled down as per the MoPar engines book instructions.

I have run the modded LD340 before and it was very very good.

While the new (-ish) RPM and Air-Gap RPM may make better numbers, this intake is no slouch by any means and will perform very well. One of the things I like about this dual plane is the port windows are gasket sized allready... (See below) or actually, preety close and requires little to port match it. Unlike the RPM or Air-Gap.
The Edelbrock RPM heads are also very close to a dead match on gasket size.

LD-340  Chrysler P #.jpg

LD-340 Chrysler part numbered.jpg

LD-340 pair front shot.jpg

LD-340 on bench.jpg

100_0905.jpg

100_0915.jpg

100_0917.jpg

Gasket match on LD-340.jpg

Holly cow how did ya get it so clean rumbelfish360 thats sweet looking.Any tips on how to get mine that nice.Thanksssss

To get it like I have shown, "Glassbeeding" is the ticket.

Thanks for the info. I'll be running a Weiand that I had on mine years ago. Its what I have and worked well - old school.

I've used the LD340 on a few motors,with good results..if you can't find them for a good price,then the Air Gap is the way to go,any LD340 i had for sale sold like within minutes,wish i had one now to compare against my Air Gap..

I've been looking for one, let me know if you get tired of yours! Just saw one go on ebay for about 260 bucks. You could get a new air-gap for that!

rumblefish360... I see one of your ld's has a chokestat. Is that a DC part? Is there a part # on it?

I've been looking for one, let me know if you get tired of yours! Just saw one go on ebay for about 260 bucks. You could get a new air-gap for that!

$260.00 for an LD340,man thats a lot,the most i've ever sold one for was $150.00...

Way to go don, I know you've been searching a while! Good luck with it!
As snake said rumble, those intakes look sweet! Mines got fresh paint and I thought it looked good, but now ya got me tinkin' !!

Hey rumblefish thoes gaskets are they felpro
Yes

rumblefish360... I see one of your ld's has a chokestat. Is that a DC part? Is there a part # on it?

No, an Edelbrock divorced choke with a coat hanger for a rod. I'm still experimenting with it. I'm at a stop due to not having a running small block. This should change in a few weeks. The spring seems week for a T-Q but at the moment, it's just a guess.

So, until I have a runing small block, I'm fooling around with a manual choke cable adapted to a T-Q. Barbaric operation, but it works so far. So few intakes have a choke well, it's annnnouying.

Way to go don, I know you've been searching a while! Good luck with it!
As snake said rumble, those intakes look sweet! Mines got fresh paint and I thought it looked good, but now ya got me tinkin' !!

I'd suggest ethier a clear or alumin. clolr powered coating.

Hey buddy you got a part number on those gaskets? I use nothing but felpro but never seen ones like that.Please tell me about them.You know it Steve been looking for some time.Oldkimmer sold his to me,great guy.

..............Hey Don.........ur gonna like it.........there an awesome intake.......U know i shoulda kept it 2 put on my 75 duster, but at totally original, with 39,00 miles i just cant do it, so by selling it 2 u im not gonna have that problem anymore.........thanks Don.............i got it out on tuesday.....i hope u get it thursday...........kim.........

Hey Rumble, what's the deal with the small cut out between the two sides in your first pic? I put an LD340 on my car last year and it had the small cut out, but I have seen others without it and to me it didn't look like the intake was originally made that way.

BTW, that LD340 ended up being the single best improvement I have ever made to my car. It helps that I only paid $100 for it.

Autopar

That cut in the diveider is to help balance the 2 sides at high RPM. I was also told that it was for the 3bbl. Holley or Carter. Which I'm not sold on. The 3bbl. carbs were NASCAR carbs and rare to find. You can see a picture of one in the Carter Carbs book. I think I can duplicate it myself and will try later come summer. Though it will not be a dead ringer, the main idea will be there.

The other LD340 that has the MP mods to it didn't have the cut in the divider.

Hey buddy you got a part number on those gaskets? I use nothing but felpro but never seen ones like that.Please tell me about them.You know it Steve been looking for some time.Oldkimmer sold his to me,great guy.

those are the 1213's i think?

Yea, I think so as well. I'll check later and if I find a different number, I'll post it.

-
Back