Leaf Spring Survey

-
I started to make special spring hangers so that guys can use the Mopar Performance Oval Track leaf springs on A body cars. Firm Feel or Mancini Racing both carry the Oval Track hanger. Part number is AR118.

i have been looking at the mopar perf ss springs from summit 110 each with a special shipping charge of 6.50 lol. part nbr dcc-4120864 and dcc-4120863 they are a lot cheaper then the others so idk how they would do??

i have been looking at the mopar perf ss springs from summit 110 each with a special shipping charge of 6.50 lol. part nbr dcc-4120864 and dcc-4120863 they are a lot cheaper then the others so idk how they would do??

Unless your spending all your time at the track,I wouldnt even think about them.

I have a set of JC Whitney standard springs on my 65 and love them.
Probably the best bang for the buck.

On my 70 I bought the MP Performance 340 replica springs, and wish I would have just gone with the JCW standard springs. The 340 springs were pricey and sat the car higher than I liked, so I dropped it 1" with some front spring hangers from Mancini racing. Here is a pic of the final stance.

Any car I build here on out will just get a pair of standard replacement springs. Dont like the raked look.

If I was building a track only car, well of course the SS springs.

faucet pics 751.jpg

just to sturdy? or why lol. they also have original style ones for like 5 bucks cheaper

The right spring has a extra leaf, making the right side sit higher than the left. Looks like a stink bug,and jacks the *** end up. They are great for the track,and hook great. Just not a great all around spring for a driver.

Stick with stock replacement, they will work fine.

Or if you like how your springs sit, clean them up,paint them,put in new bushings, and call it a day.

the mopar super stock springs fro an A body are the same springs designed for the 1968 HEMI super stock dart and barracuda, i had a set of those many years ago,,if i remember correctly,,they are 8 leafs on the right and 6 leafs on the drivers side,,they wil make your car sit higher on the pasenger side then on the drivers side,,they are designed for launching a car at the drag strip,,, when it launches the torque of the motor will lift the drivers side of the car,,raising it to the height of the passenger side,,
stick with a orignal type replacement for the street and normal driving,,,you can get the orignal type replacements in stock or 2 inches higher ride height,,,JC WHITNEYS springs work fine,,,

i have has espo +1" 6 leaf springs on jamie's dart for about 3 years now. still sits good and rides great. if i did it again i would have gone stock height though.

i've heard good things about jc whitney springs too.

The right spring has a extra leaf, making the right side sit higher than the left. Looks like a stink bug,and jacks the *** end up. They are great for the track,and hook great. Just not a great all around spring for a driver.

Stick with stock replacement, they will work fine.

Or if you like how your springs sit, clean them up,paint them,put in new bushings, and call it a day.

would they ride ok? i wouldnt mind it sitting all funny if it was for a pourpose lol. kinda make the car a real old skool muscle car lol

I got standard height, HD (6 leaf) springs from ESPO. No complaints. They're quite knowledgeable at ESPO.

I ordered the SS springs for my /6 63 dart, I ordered the correct one for the left and right.

The car now sits 1 inches higher on the passenger side.

I hate it and will probably order another passenger side spring and replace the drivers side springs with it.

I have adjusted the front height and that has changed this to about 1/2 inch. but it is still noticeable, especially with me sitting in the vehicle.

The next thing I plan to do is to add a spacer on the passenger side in order to lower it.

Super Stock springs are for drag racing. For other uses you should order either the Oval Track spring or just go with a HD replacement.

Eberg uses a couple of left hand SS springs on the Green Brick if I recall correctly. He also had them dearched. I think it would be easier to use the Oval Track springs than to go to all that work. You just need the special AR118 hanger which you can get from Firm Feel or Mancini Racing.

i used these guys that i found on ebay. i bought their version of the "super Stock" they are a 2" ride height increase. 180.00 plus shipping??? can't remember exact but i don't think i paid more than 200.00 for the pari after shipping. Mcveigh's truck springs is the name. i think thy're in ohio. great people. here is a link to one their auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

dart2.jpg

My +1 inch overbent springs from espo.com (Springs and things) still sit and ride nice.

I am pretty sure my vintage SS springs were 3412002 and 3412003. Car sits pretty level, less than 3/16" variance, not enough to notice.

Say what you want about SS springs, this car hooks like a mother with 3:55's and 215-70-14 rubber. You can always flip the front spring hangers for an additional 1" drop if you don't like the stink bug look(and I don't either).

My 2:76 open rear on stock 4 leaf springs could spin the tires through 2nd gear, not with these SS springs attached to my new rear, hardly a chirp, just grab and go.

Here is the link with some ss spring part numbers and desriptions:
http://www.mopartsracing.com/parts/dtrain.html

-
Back