Leaf spring traction HELP!!!

-

moparbrian72

Reaction score
:help: :dontknow: I was woundering if any body has seen or hear of anybody using Calvert Racing's Cal-Tracs System? You can use them on A,Band E body's.
I am trying to get better traction in my car.
:help: :dontknow:

http://www.calvertracing.com/

Here's a pic of Tweety's car running a set, and also using the mono springs.

andycuda.jpg

andycuda2.jpg

onehellofadart said:
I have Cal-Trac's with stock leafs.
You have to experiment with them and tire pressure.
What info are you looking for Norm?

Tony, This was Brian's question, not mine.
I had other issues in another post.

But, I will ask this. Do you have the offset spring hangers on yours?
and Did your springs have like a 2" spring eye in front, or the smaller 1 and something eye?

Mopower71 said:
But, I will ask this. Do you have the offset spring hangers on yours?
and Did your springs have like a 2" spring eye in front, or the smaller 1 and something eye?
I don't have the off set hangers and I don't remember on the spring eye bolt hole size.

Yes I do have a relocation SS springs on my car. My back rims are 15/10 and tires are BF 295. All they do is spin they just wont bite no matter what I do .
So right know I will try about anything to get my car to bite!

Tony how well do they work on your car?

moparbrian72 said:
Yes I do have a relocation SS springs on my car. My back rims are 15/10 and tires are BF 295. All they do is spin they just wont bite no matter what I do .

Are they Drag radails or radial T/As ? Theres no way your going to get Radail T/As to hook good.

moparbrian72 said:

Now they work well but it took lots of tuning. As Adam asked what kind of tires are you running? If your pushing any kind of HP regular street tires will never hold you. As a matter of fact I had BFG drag radials and the car spun through first and second on the street.
I now have M/T drag radials on and they still spin a little but just a little
on the street. They also spun pretty good at the track until I came up on the convertor then they hooked but good.
How do you have the Cal tracs adjusted at the moment. You got to start 1/8" gap and bottom hole then make adjustments from there. But not to much you could twist your frame.

Check this out it helped me.
http://www.mopartech.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33

Adam I have BF drag radails.

Tony I dont have them yet I was just asking questions, first before I buy them, or a different kind. I saw them in MCG. I just thought I would ask if anybody had them and how well they work, or if any one knew of a better kind that works better.

Ok Tony and norm, here is a question for you. You both have different set ups. I know I have to change my springs because I have SS springs and you can not use the with cal-trac. I am pushing about 650 hp to 700 hp. My question is what system would be better? for the hp I have and I plan on getting more hp out of her.I know Cal-trac sells a complet system. I really dont want to switch to a 4 link. :scratch: :-k

:happy7: 650-700HP Not much will stick her to the street.

On the street I would try M/T Drad Radials Cal=Tracs,their mono leaf springs and adjustable shocks.
The Cal-Tracs are like a four link with less links.

When you go to the track I would throw on a set of slicks.

650-700HP :love4:

moparbrian72 said:
Ok Tony and norm, here is a question for you. You both have different set ups. I know I have to change my springs because I have SS springs and you can not use the with cal-trac. I am pushing about 650 hp to 700 hp. My question is what system would be better? for the hp I have and I plan on getting more hp out of her.I know Cal-trac sells a complet system. I really dont want to switch to a 4 link. :scratch: :-k
i'll come up with a few links in a bit. Call Calvert about using them with the SS springs. I now hear a different side to this.
The S/S springs might workjust fine for your setup also,with a bit of front end tuning.
Let me see if I can find what I read about,

-
Back