Leaf springs flat - 69 Barracuda

-

Swiftcuda

Reaction score
Just purchased this car, the leaf springs are flat. Originally a slant 6 car now with a 318. Won't ever see the track but I do like my 0-60 getting on the highway. What should I do with the leaf springs? Looking it up I saw that HD springs would be on small block Formula S cars. What should I be looking to get to fix this squat?

455307680_8414741338557480_8385999005567870410_n.jpg

I second ESPO. You'll have the choice of stock height, stock height heavy duty (what I bought and they raised mine 1" from drooping original), or you can get +1" and +2". ESPO (was Laura when I bought) will talk you through options.

Nice car. I have seen 69 Fastbacks in orange, and it just did not work for me, but that notch in orange is nice.

My Flat springs corner pretty good. I just added a Second main leaf.
Yeah the back is lousy at 60 footing, but man it drifts so sweetly.

But slanty springs are not suitable for a V8, so if you have them , they gotta go anyway.

IIRC Shocks off some Imperials will work in your situation
Yup you're 100% right......about 25 or more years ago. But just like everything else, shock companies consolidated. Now the Imperial shocks are the same length as all the other Mopar car shocks.

It had been in SC for 5 years. Not sure where it originally came from. If you think you know the previous owner I'd like to connect with him.
Naw, it's not the same car then. I built a 360 for one very similar in Georgia. But that car was a Georgia resident for a long time. It was an orange notch back....but I THOUGHT it was a 67. I'm not good at recognizing A body Barracudas. If it was ever in South Carolina, it's not the same car. Looks good, though.

My Flat springs corner pretty good. I just added a Second main leaf.
Yeah the back is lousy at 60 footing, but man it drifts so sweetly.

But slanty springs are not suitable for a V8, so if you have them , they gotta go anyway.
Pretty sure the only v8 updates occurred in the front end!

My vote is also for aftermarket springs. There are shops that can re-arch the originals, but that is a dying art these days. I had a set done 15 years or so back and the heat treating wasn't done correctly. The right rear spring broke at the shackle/bushing point at the rear portion of the spring. I took it back and was told they didn't stand behind the quality of the material, only their work.

My vote is also for aftermarket springs. There are shops that can re-arch the originals, but that is a dying art these days. I had a set done 15 years or so back and the heat treating wasn't done correctly. The right rear spring broke at the shackle/bushing point at the rear portion of the spring. I took it back and was told they didn't stand behind the quality of the material, only their work.
Re-arching a set of slant 6 springs didn't even occur to me

Front end looks a bit high as well, may want to look at that also. Torsion adjustment bolts. Check service book for correct ride height.

Just purchased this car, the leaf springs are flat. Originally a slant 6 car now with a 318. Won't ever see the track but I do like my 0-60 getting on the highway. What should I do with the leaf springs? Looking it up I saw that HD springs would be on small block Formula S cars. What should I be looking to get to fix this squat?

View attachment 1716303821

call the people at espo, get their 6 leaf V8 in desired heigh and be done with it. they offer them in stock, +1" and +2" heights. the V8 springs will use the larger front eye bolt...

https://www.springsnthings.com/

-
Back