Leaf Springs for the Demon project

-

62BT409

Reaction score
I am in need of some new leaf springs for a 71 Demon. I have searched and read alot of threads. It seems that the XHD spring is coming up a lot. I ordered a set of MRE19811982 springs from Mancini but they are the SS springs. If seems that they said that everyone likes them. I mentioned that they were getting the wrong springs. So, at that point....they said take or leave it. So, I left it. I only want a 1 - 1.5" rise.....not the Taco Wagon look... real high in the rear.
I know the springs I have now, will not work, it is a 7.25 rear end
So, where can a set be found?

The leafs should work I used my 7.25 springs when I put in my 8.75. They are the same width.

I've had no issue in past a bodies with 7.25 spring / 8.75 rear either...if you just want new ones, several of my buddies have had good luck with espo springs & things. (www.espo.com)

the espo site is little lame....so I guess a phone call is in order. I know they show only the Dart as an A Body. When I set in Dart and 1971...I see no springs, just busing and rubber kits

XHD if its a street or street/strip car, SS springs only if its a strip car.

After years of spring threads this is what most will tell you.

Looking to get a set with an additional 1" arch over stock....nothing radical

MANCINI - (A-Body) Extra Heavy Duty Leaf Spring Set
Mancini Racing now offers replacement XHD springs for your Dodge or Plymouth A-Body. Bolt in a set today, designed for high performance A-Body cars. These springs have 1" added to stock arch to give more room for larger tires and better traction. Springs have front bushings installed. Springs are sold as sets only.

$215.00
MRE19811982

Call them back. You were wrong they were sending you exactly what you are looking for.

You would be suprised how much a new set of stock replacement springs will raise the rear. Especially if you have some old saggers on now. My favorite springs of all time,were a set of stock replacement springs from JcWhitney. To top it off,they were like $120.00 for the set.They stopped selling them for some reason. I have a set of the Mopar 340 HD springs on my 70,and quite frankly dont think they are worth the money I paid.Plus,if I ordered them again,I would get 2 left springs so the car sits level,instead of 1/2" higher on the right. Lets face it,all the springs are made from JR Springs.No reason to pay Mopar Performance the extra money they charge to put there part # on them.

What do you have in mind with the car ?
Strip
Street/strip
Cruiser

You would be suprised how much a new set of stock replacement springs will raise the rear. Especially if you have some old saggers on now. My favorite springs of all time,were a set of stock replacement springs from JcWhitney. To top it off,they were like $120.00 for the set.They stopped selling them for some reason. I have a set of the Mopar 340 HD springs on my 70,and quite frankly dont think they are worth the money I paid.Plus,if I ordered them again,I would get 2 left springs so the car sits level,instead of 1/2" higher on the right. Lets face it,all the springs are made from JR Springs.No reason to pay Mopar Performance the extra money they charge to put there part # on them.

What do you have in mind with the car ?
Strip
Street/strip
Cruiser

I have the same springs, bought through JC whitney and they are JR spring from michigan.

http://www.johnrspring.com/

I bought the XHD springs.
before
100_0163.jpg

after
Dartpostspring.jpg

i installed 4 sets of espo springs. they are the ****. the ones in my dart are like 9 years old and have not yet sagged. i like the 6 leaf stock height. i put a set of +1" in my friends nova. i hear they took them off the site because thats all they were selling online and really want to move all the other components they sell. i try to avoind mancini at all costs. i may have just dealt with some guy that was having a bad day, but i had a bad experience with some of thier products and they insisted i was wrong, finally realized that i was right and really didnt offer me any help other than suggest i modify to work. they refused to eat the shipping back to them on a refund, for some crap they didnt do thier research on when they had manufactured, and never tested before they started selling. lousy customer service.

-
Back