Leaking Transmission Reverse/Backup Light Switch

-

MN1968Valiant

In College's Stranglehold
Reaction score
I've been trying to chase down a slow leak in my 833 since I swapped it into my car earlier this summer. After lots of searching and many small gear oil puddles later, I've all but concluded that my reverse light switch in the back of the tranny is the leaking culprit. Has anyone ever dealt with one of these things leaking? I couldn't find a single thing about it on this forum...

Yes,Ihave it is most probably the switch it self,no cure but to replace it,I think you can still get a new one from Brewers Performance,make sure to get the seal with it.

I think Passon has them too. I have been looking around for a new one since mine doesn't seem to be working. You can find the ones for autos with the neutral safety built in all day but no part stores I've found have the reverse only for manuals.

Brewers has one that is a better design. It's not leaked a drop in two years and as I recall it was less than $20.

Yeah, I think it was Brewers that sold both an NOS and the aftermarket equivalent. Not sure why the part store can't get the second one. Do you by chance remember which one you ordered? The NOS one has really long flats on the nut portion and the aftermarket one is shorter, kinda like an oil pressure dummy light switch.

I got the aftermarket one because Brewers said the internal sealing was superior to the NOS part.

Good to know, I'll probably end up ordering one at some point, so I'll keep that in mind.

-
Back