Leaks

-

pacuda59

pacuda59
Reaction score
Based on the drip pattern on my driveway after my 4 hours of driving to Carlisle and back, I've got leaks coming from my power steering pump, oil pan, transmission and rear end. I'm thinking that oil pan and rear end are easy fixes but not sure about tranny and steering pump.

Any suggestions?

Based on the drip pattern on my driveway after my 4 hours of driving to Carlisle and back, I've got leaks coming from my power steering pump, oil pan, transmission and rear end. I'm thinking that oil pan and rear end are easy fixes but not sure about tranny and steering pump.

Any suggestions?
Powersteering is most likely a line problem (easy fix)if the pump is leaking replacing it is not to bad either,if it is leaking at the steering box make sure the lines are tight if it still leaks replace the lines first. As far as trans the only really bad seal is the front main you must slide the trans back away from the motor to change it. The other 2,pan gasket and tail shaft seal are easy to fix and all three seals are inexpensive the worst beaing the pan because it comes with the filter but again check for loose bolts first. your oil pan gasket may turn out to be a pain see if you can drop it down enough to slip the old gasket out and the new one in if not it has to be removed,this is when it becomes a pain. I hope this helps bigtn_1971

Thanks...the drive train was going to be the last thing I attacked but it looks like a band-aid or two are needed.

What kinda tranny fluid you running?

Synthetic leaked out of every seal my manual trans had......needs torn apart this winter.

Thinking of the Passon A-855.....if I hit the lottery.

What kinda tranny fluid you running?

Synthetic leaked out of every seal my manual trans had......needs torn apart this winter.

Thinking of the Passon A-855.....if I hit the lottery.[/QUOTE

I have no idea Cuda, I've only owned it since early November.

Welcome back from Carlilse/Africa.If the car sat a while,seals shrink.especially torque converter/power steering.You car is nice,did it sit stored a while?

Welcome back from Carlilse/Africa.If the car sat a while,seals shrink.especially torque converter/power steering.You car is nice,did it sit stored a while?

Thanks Abody!
It sits all week but I've been taking it out for around town stuff on weekends. The two hour trip to Carlisle was the first lengthy interstate drive in about 8 months.

-
Back