leaky front window?

-

SirDan

Reaction score
First off, its not the wiper pivot seals, i replaced them then garden hose tested them. the leak is coming from the window. I asked my dads friend about it and he has 3 A bodies and he says they all leak then, i was at the hardware store and got talking with an older gentleman who had a dart and he said he sold it cause it leaked.

whats the deal is this just 37 year old weather stripping taking a dump? or was there a design flaw in the window itself? also i side question, my window has a chip in it and other than that it looks fine. it isent cracked or anything just this one chip. can it be fixed? new windows are pricey.

If you sat out in the elements for 37 years, you'd dryrot too. Time for a new gasket. Call the local auto glass shop, they can repair the chip bit it will be somewhat noticeable.

Just about all my a-bodies have done this. I fixed the wiper posts in one of them, yeah didnt work.

I had some problem with this too on my 67 Dart, but I just went to the local auto part store and got windshield sealant. It may be called flowable silicone, but it's basically just thinner silicone that can get in small places easier. I peeled back the windshield gasket and dumped some in the corners and then ran a bead along the top and it seems like it sealed it up pretty well. Kind of hard to tell now that I have the carpet it in and can't see the puddles on the floor, lol. Worst case I would just run a bead all the way around between the gasket and body if you can, trim might hide it well.

-
Back