Lean under load

-

67cuda360

Reaction score
I'm running lean under load (going up a hill at low RPM), what do I need to change to richen it up a bit? I have installed a A/F gauge and here are the readings i'm getting:

- Idle is around 13 - 13.5
- Part Throttle (Highway driving) 13 - 13.5
- Full Throttle 10.5 - 11.5 (so too rich, should probably lean out the secondaries a bit)
- Part Throttle under load: 15.5 - 16 (going up a slight hill in top gear at low RPM)

Specs:
- A/F Sensor installed just behind the passenger side manifold flange
- 650 Edelbrock Thunder AVS
- '74 360 with electronic ignition, 18 initial and 36 total timing.

try the next stiffer step up spring for the metering rods. It seems that the vacuum is keeping the rods from moving into the power mode.

I´d try to lean out full throttle, too. No need for AFR 11 in a NA application.

Michael

You have a century ahead technology air/fuel measuring device on a century behind air/fuel mixer. You will never get a carburetor to be 14.7 at idle, 14.7 part throttle and 14.7 at WOT. Ain't gonna happen. I agree about the step up spring. I think you can get it closer than it is, but it will never be perfect, simply because it's a carburetor.

I realize it will never be all at the perfect metering, but thats a little lean for my taste :) i'll try the step up springs and i should probably go one size down on the secondary jets.

This may give you a headache reading it :mrgreen: , but if you don't already have it, there may be some good info for you.......

[ame]http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/carbs_acc/pdf/carb_owners_manual.pdf[/ame]

-
Back