Leaning Tower of Power started after 7 years buried in a barn....

-

kiwigtx

Big Dummy
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have previously posted this at FBBO....but thought some of you guys who don't visit there may be interested....:thumbsup:

Genuine barn find....found under a bench in a barn....neglected and left for dead, this MoPar 225ci sloper is soon to be transplanted into MowPar's (Cliff) 1966 Plymouth Valiant - not a B-Body, but exciting all the same. A genuine 3 owner car, runs well, drives great, smells like new inside...well, it has a bit of a ming about it, but would pass as unmolested. Has a tight box, and steering is as responsive as a new car. Due to an as yet un-diagnosed over-temperature issue, Cliff has decided to re-power the car while the original mill is torn down for inspection. He has already performed several flushes and replaced frost plugs and thermostat etc. Anyway, let's have a look at the replacement beast.....

and adjusting the valve lash.....

Here's the car on the day Cliff collected it with the help of another friend....

Last week the fuel tank was replaced due to some nasty dents underneath - idiots with jack-stands in the wrong place over the years....or reversing over tree stumps....either way, it was too far gone to safely repair. the funny thing is, the old tank was as clean looking inside as the brand new tank from Spectra. I guess we don't have as harsh an environment as you guys in the States. No debris, sludge or rust - not a drop.

upload_2018-5-28_20-2-34-png.png

upload_2018-5-28_20-2-52-png.png

Following up from the initial fire-up a couple of weeks ago....here is the last weekend's effort with a rebuilt Carb and a radiator etc

Carb was the new Chinesium Carter copycat model that we purchased through eBag a few months back. Our Carb Man said that it was a reasonable piece with minor variations from original, but one of the better copycat carbs he has seen over the years....but a copy nonetheless. Didn't take much to get it running correctly.

:)

Awesome. I just started a 410ci Ford fe big block that has been sitting for over 3 decades. Ran great for about 2 hours then wiped the cam. Lol

Sounds great!! What a cream puff!!

...but did you notice your steering wheel is on the right side???

I was stationed in the U.K. and drove left hand drive trucks on the British roads. Tricky for sure!!

-
Back