Learn how to use your headlights dumba$$

-

74dusterman

74dusterman
Reaction score
Why is it so hard for some people to dim their headlights? There always seems to be some people that can't remember to dim their lights when they get passed on a 4 lane highway. Then after they are behind me for a few miles they finally figure it out. Once I get passed them and I turn my brights on that should be a reminder for them to dim their lights. Another thing that pisses me off is oncoming traffic flashing me to dim my lights when they are already on low beam. I drive a 2015 Ram with the projector style head lights so obviously they are going to be brighter than the 1990s model car that they are driving. I would like to turn the high beams on and see how they like that but that isn't safe so I hold back. How about the idiot driving at dusk in the dark colored vehicle that doesn't turn their lights on at all? I know everyone has seen those idiots. Then when someone pulls out in front of them they are pissed but it is their own fault because it is hard to see them. If I drive 10 mph over the limit I am considered a danger to other drivers. It is a good thing road rage is illegal or I would be driving a beat up junker and there would be a lot of people run off the road. Enough venting. Drive safe.

one thing to keep in mind is that many states have NO rules what so ever for the periodical assessment of a vehicle

which means that a lot of people may be driving around with their headlights maladjusted, blinding you without knowing it

don't get me wrong, I am not advocating the gob'ment gets involved here BUT there is room for improvement here

I used to use aircraft landing lights. I never had that problem, "after" I got behind THEM.

BC1134_1_fs.jpg

Most of them have not even learned to how use turn signals yet.
Asswipes swerve across 3 lanes to get into a left turn lane THEN they turn their signal on.
Or change lanes suddenly and blink the signal once after they already made the move.
They are so afraid someone is going to try to get in their way that they don't want to give any indication what they are going to do.

This especially sucks when you ride motorcycles, because you got some dipshit doing 20 under the speed limit and if you try to get by them they may very well turn right in front of you with zero warning as you are doing it.
Happens all the time, and the cops don't enforce signal or tailgating laws here.
The Mayor literally said that it makes the rich people mad if they ticket them, and they don't want to loose wealthy citizens.

I wrote and told them that if anyone in my family gets run over on their motorcycle I am going to sue the city for not enforcing the laws, and I'll use that statement above to do it.

This recent video of the cop in Texas stopping that state rep doing 95 is a great example of how "entitled" some people "think" they are. Me? He would have gotten a ticket, state car or no.

Dont forget all the junk people keep in their trunks. Doesnt take much weight to lift the front end a few degrees.

My Cheby pickup is one of those vehicles that can run both the low/high beams together. When I put the relays in the truck I wired them so that both sets of beams are on when I switch the high beams on. Couple that with 4 off road lights and the mentality that if your coming at me and won't dim the lights....

Don't really need that as 4537's are 12volt. I first "learned" about them from my friend K7WWA. This was when I arrived at Treasure Island in the fall of 1968, and wandered over to the amateur club, K6NCG on the NW end of the island. Here sits his (then) 65 Chevelle, with a 350, 4 speed and Rally wheels off a wrecked Camaro he'd bought. And......in the high beams were a pair of "funny looking lights."

He was later on, the original owner of what would become my 70 440-6 Road Runner. You can't really tell from this horrid old photo, but "they're in there."

attachment.php

This is the car then nearly new. He and I had been to Lions, where he trophied in pure stock

-
Back