LED bar graph tach kit?

-

gdonovan

Reaction score

Attachments

• bar graph tach.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,485
LEDs dont dim.
I wouldn't try to reinvent the wheel in that. If it was hindges from the underside of the panels brim you could fold it down when you want to see it and up when you dont. One the sunvisor is another option.

LEDs dont dim.
If you like, I'll post a video of the LED dash lights in my Duster dimming. They most certainly do dim! I'm also considering two RPM activated switches, one to fire off one set of LEDS 50 rpm before redline and the second for redline. Nothing fold down or out of the line of site is being considered, needs to look stock and I don't wish my eyes to be off the track that long trying to look under the dash at a tach.

Dimming LED dash lamps-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyxD0ToVV6s"]Nissan '98 200SX SE-R New White LED Dash Lights - YouTube[/ame]

Ok I really dont need a video. "LEDs dont dim" was a pretty blunt statement.
There are ways to create dimming effects with LED lighting as explored here...
http://www.reuk.co.uk/LED-Dimmer-Circuit.htm
The main reason I steer clear of these sort of things is our application enviroment.
Our classic vehicles electrical can generate spikes from so many different sources that fancy modern electronics never live very long there.
Wrong place for this discussion too, sorry. Good luck

If you want an LED laser light show, get a ricer.

Our classic vehicles electrical can generate spikes from so many different sources that fancy modern electronics never live very long there.

My GTX has been running "fancy electronics" for over 20 years without failure including an Alpine high end deck.

Correct about discussion though.

I'm looking to hide a set of LED's in the cluster so I don't have a big stupid tach blocking the speedo. I'm looking to keep the dash as stock looking as possible.

If you can't contribute to solving the problem in a positive manner please don't post. Thanks! Not aimed at you Redfish.

-
Back