LED bulbs ?

-

74slnt6

Reaction score
has anyone replaced their turn signal or brake light bulbs with LED's ? I was told they wont work because they don't have enough draw ? any thoughts ?

It means that the turn signal clicker part Needs some current in order to flash.

Of course if you get a heavy duty flasher I believe that it will solve this problem.

@ Cudajim . curent draw. or resistance. sorry . but okay ill give that a try. thanks

Replaced all the bulbs on a 73 Duster cluster with "Superbright LED's" to include the updated voltage regualtor= Did not notice a difference. $50 for bulbs.

i converted my brake/stop/turn signals to led fixtures front and back (not bulbs). with just the tail lights installed, everything worked fine, after changing the fronts also, no brake or blinkers. i just got two new flashers from hotronics to remedy the no-load problem you speak of. essential with all the lights switched to leds, the stock flasher does'nt know the signals are on because the leds draw so little current.
fwiw i've heard nothing but bad about the bulb type led.

http://hotronicsproducts.com/index.php?cPath=7

Attachments

• 015_1_2.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 302
  • 013_1_2.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 309
  • 009_1_2.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 320
  • 003_1.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 324
If you're just talking about replacement bulbs I put some in the tail lights of my Swinger. I bought a pair of the red ones because my lenses were faded and looked pink at night. They work fine, are much brighter and more visible from every angle, plus I now have red tail lights again. Didn't need to change the flasher and the signal/brake lights work fine with highly visable intensity gain over the running lights.

Tried a pair in my rear trail/brake lights and they wouldn't work!!! The dealer told me he thought they would work without the voltage adaptor (?) but they don't.....

I can imagine LEDS would cause very slow or no flash using the standard flasher. .Current flow through the flasher causes it to open and close its contacts. More current flow would cause a rapid flash. That's why when trailer lights are connected the flasher will operate much faster and/or die. Thus the need for a heavy duty flasher.
I've never seen a special lite duty flasher in the conventional type.
Good luck

It's just a standard (electronic) flasher that can be gotten most any parts and acc place.

Autozone
Checker
Napa

All carry them.

-
Back