LED signal lights on a 74 Dart

-

Bl1zzard

Reaction score
Hi all,

On my 74 Dart I thought it would be nice to brighten up the lights. Checking the forums here I found lots of useful information. Thanks to all that contribute. Here's the situation...

LED lights all around, marker lights, brakes, front signals etc. All the more expensive Phillips LED bulbs.

All the lights work when the headlight switch is pulled to park. Looks great. Hazards work just fine with the original flasher. Signals don't work, just light up solid, no flash with the original flasher. No problem, expected this based on the forums, replaced the turn signal flasher with the LED flasher with the pig tail to ground, now no signal lights at all. Tried to use the old incandescent bulbs up front, same thing no light with the LED flasher, solid light with original flasher. Not sure what to try now, suggestions? It seems like it should work especially since they all flash on hazard.

Check your grounds! I had lots of problems until I cleaned up several ring terminals that looked like they were just fine.

Just have to ask...

You are aware there are 2 flasher units, one for flashers and one for turn signal. I would expect you would need to replace both with LED flasher units.

Just have to ask...

You are aware there are 2 flasher units, one for flashers and one for turn signal. I would expect you would need to replace both with LED flasher units.
Yeah I thought I made that clear, the hazard flasher mounted to the fuse box is original stock and works fine. The signal flasher mounted by the ash tray is the one I'm fiddling with. I've tried 3 different LED flashers and 2 different incandescent flashers. LED flashers don't come on at all the incandescent flashers come on solid but don't flash.

I'm not sure how your OE emergency flasher is working fine with the LEDs

When I put the led’s in my Demon I had to swap the wires around on the flasher connector. Used an electronic flasher for led’s. Polarity was wrong for them to work.

Had the same problem with flasher , I replaced flasher with a Tridon 552 DOT . And everything works well with LED bulbs .
Yeah I thought I made that clear, the hazard flasher mounted to the fuse box is original stock and works fine. The signal flasher mounted by the ash tray is the one I'm fiddling with. I've tried 3 different LED flashers and 2 different incandescent flashers. LED flashers don't come on at all the incandescent flashers come on solid but don't flash.
2 wire. Hope it will help you.

I'll give that a try, thanks.
That's the trick, swapped the wires and it works. Thanks!

Now, does anyone know what voodoo I need to know to push the terminals out of the L connector so I can wire this up permanently? I can feel that there is a lock but no matter where I shove my little blade screwdriver doesn't unlock it.

That's the trick, swapped the wires and it works. Thanks!

Now, does anyone know what voodoo I need to know to push the terminals out of the L connector so I can wire this up permanently? I can feel that there is a lock but no matter where I shove my little blade screwdriver doesn't unlock it.
The wire swap worked for me as well. Never had this occur before, and I've done 5 or 6 cars & trucks. This is the first Mopar though.
To release the terminal look at the connection side of the plug, you should see a small opening above the entry slot. You need to push the terminal in from the back and insert a really small flat screwdriver in from the front. (I have some jeweler screwdrivers that are tiny)You have to push it in and press down on the terminal to release the clip.
See the tab that sticks up? That's what you have to bend down. Once it's out, pry the tab back up and install it in the correct slot in the connector.
42238-2.jpg

-
Back