left hand lugnuts on my 70 duster? Is that right?

-

Schneiderman

Reaction score
I thought mopar stopped doing this by the 70's, but I went to put on the cragars I got from here today and no-go... left hand lug nuts on the left side of my car, I only have right hand lugnuts for the cragars.

Is this correct/original or does this mean it got changed somehow? This car has only been through two people before me: the original owner, a lady who bought it brand new when she was 53, and her nephew, in his late 40's and he got it a couple years ago and garaged it.

So anyway... who wants to sell me a set of 10 left handed mag style short shank 7/16' lug nuts?

I'm pretty sure they went to right hand thread only, by 72. I'm working on a 70 cuda currently and it also has left hand thread's.

I would just break down and change them out to right hand. I had a 68 Charger that had them on the right side. I finally got tired of them and switched them out.

LH lug nuts up through 70. Change the left side to RH and use your RH lug nuts

they are right, lefts till 72 on te left

I switched the lefts sides out on mine.

I think I do have a set of left hand Crager small bolt pattern lug nuts, but not sure where they would be.

Best to change them to rights.

If you want to wait for me to look to find them, I'll look around

i have a 71 dart and mine are all RH
haven't been changed
You're correct, '71 up are all RH thread. I've even seen some real late '70 models that were all RH. Before that the LH side of the car had LH threads and the RH side had RH threads. The only real problem is when you take the car in to have tires changed and the knuckleheads in there don't know that. I've seen them wring off all 5 studs on both wheels without realizing that they just turned the other way. sometimes they ruin the lug holes in the wheel too.

So the consensus is to change them out to RH? I guess I'll do that, my friend suggested it too. Thanks guys.

Either way will work. The nice thing about having them all RH is you don't have to worry about the kid at the tire store busting your stud off even though you told him severel times that they were LH on that side.

-
Back