Left or Rights?

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can any body ID these calipers for sure? Both the same, Lefts or Rights? :thankyou:

pauly1.jpg

pauly2.jpg

Interesting. I think these are both lefts. Bleeder goes to the top, flex line to the top.

it can go to the top on either side just the bleeder will be inboard or outboard but I think you are correct with left making the bleeder inboard...

this picture I found shows the bleeder outboard? doesn't ?

K-H brake.jpg

So this would make these 2 Rights with bleeder screws outboard

'll trade you a new left.. cardone

In that 1st picture, the caliper on the left, are both those bleeder holes threaded? I would think that if all the bleeder holes on both calipers are threaded and both calipers are identical, then you would be able to flip one and mount them on either side.

Why would they have the bleeder on the outboard side, you’d have to remove the wheel whenever you bled the brakes, no?

agreed, bleeder goes on top.

Photo post 6 is correct.

Mounting ears go inside, bleeder goes outside and up making both calipers right side.

Now if one was to machine the other end of the casting from the bleeder for a bleeder it could be either side.

i think your right bleeders would be accessible if mounted inboard. im going to see if the service manual can help. I want to order 2 more to have 2 sets but dont know what to order R or L?

Photo post 6 is correct.

Mounting ears go inside, bleeder goes outside and up making both calipers right side.

Now if one was to machine the other end of the casting from the bleeder for a bleeder it could be either side.
I think Dana67Dart is right these are 2 right side calipers im going to check manual for information on these

I also looked at rock Auto and they have photos of left and right and with looking at my dart, the photos posted in the previous posts that's is only one way they can fit with bleeder up.

I looked in my 1971 manual and pictures in manual show bleeder is outboard on right side caliper shown in brake section. So my calipers are both right hand side units. Thanks for all the input guys:thankyou::thumbsup:

Yea, bleeder should be up and accessible from the inboard, but...last time we ordered left caliper for an Early A, we got a right. Idk if the computers were listing opposite or if they were only making one side and selling as both L and R. Forgot who we got it from.
You can see the shoulder for the bleeder on both top and bottom of the caliper casting, maybe they tapped the bleeder on one side only?

The castings are ambidextrous. There is one casting for the inside and one for the outside.It is all in how they are machined.

Yea, bleeder should be up and accessible from the inboard,

Bleeder has to be on the outer 1/2 (opposite the flex hose) or you would never get air out of that side.

Last edited:
yea the ones i have in picture, if they were mounted on the left side the bleeder would be on the bottom

-
Back