left side 273 manifold install

-

perfacar

Reaction score
does steering column and starter have to be removed to install manifold? been long time since worked on this. thanks

Kendog is correct I believe, I just installed 340 ds manifold, tight but fit. BUT we also have mini starter.
does steering column and starter have to be removed to install manifold? been long time since worked on this. thanks

I don't believe so. At least with my 340 manifold which are similar.

Another mini- starter here, 273 motor it's doable just a bit tight and getting to the bolts is a bit annoying as expected.

Assuming it's in the car?

20240726_091816.jpg

20240726_091826.jpg

Leave the shortest 2 studs in to hang manifold from. Don't forget to seal them(I did them all with hitemp permatex. Once sitting on those 2 with nuts fimger tight, you can install the rest of the studs/bolts.

I looked through my old photos. I unbolted the drivers manifold and left it in place when I pulled the engine. If I remember, I bolted on the starter out of the car and set the manifold in place when I put the engine back in.Damn, hard to believe that was 14 years ago.

i have the mini starter, its a tight fit . looks like have to remove starter to get manifold in, then install starter

-
Back