Length of the shaft on intake valve?

-

Zwap

Reaction score
Hi,

I got my hands on a pair of rebuilt 915 heads a couple of mounth ago.
Now when I was planning to mount them I see that the shaft on the intake valve is a tiny bit shorter than the exhaust valave, if I look at the cylinderhead in its lenght I see everey intake valveshaft a little bit lower than the exhaust valveshaft, about 0.03 lower.
I think they'd use a different brand of intake and exhase valves.
Is it possible to use stock lifters, pushrods and rocker arms? Or do I have to use adjustable pushrods on either exhaust or intake?
It's a bone stock 383 4bbl.

ru
Hi,

I got my hands on a pair of rebuilt 915 heads a couple of mounth ago.
Now when I was planning to mount them I see that the shaft on the intake valve is a tiny bit shorter than the exhaust valave, if I look at the cylinderhead in its lenght I see everey intake valveshaft a little bit lower than the exhaust valveshaft, about 0.03 lower.
I think they'd use a different brand of intake and exhase valves.
Is it possible to use stock lifters, pushrods and rocker arms? Or do I have to use adjustable pushrods on either exhaust or intake?
It's a bone stock 383 4bbl.
runn`em.

Actually it's 0.020, measure it exactly today.

Another thing is if you think I should use the original Mopar steel shim cylinder head gasket to keep CR or should I use a composition head gasket to get a better sealant?

I always use the steel shim gaskets for two reasons. Theyre cheap at 25.00 a set. And to keep from losing compression. I spray them down with copper gasket spray. Never had a leak even with aluminum heads.

That sounds good! I think I go with the steel shim gasket (that I already have).

-
Back