Let me check out your (fair weather) daily driver.

-

B5GTS340

Reaction score
My GTS is in body shop jail right now, so I have time to bench race and decide on the rest of the build. It is a 340, 4-speed car. I have a big block B-body, and I was thinking that it might be cool to have the Dart as a non-snow months daily driver. I have a 340 block, but I haven't ruled out a Gen 3. Or boost. I think the low end torque and the fact that I don't have anything but a block make me lean towards a 416 rotating assembly for the 340. 3.23 gears with the 833 or maybe a GV or maybe an overdrive 833. Obviously good brakes and steering.

Anyway, what have you assembled as a daily driver? Drivetrain, creature comforts, etc.

Don't laugh. I call it "Spare Parts". It was the last project assembling a parts car using all my spares.
318/904 2.76 suregrip for road duty. A/C too ! Major fun machine.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

What's to laugh at? That old 4 door is totally cool. It looks like it is in very good condition. My Uncle had one very similar to it. He used to take us for rides when we visited them in North Dakota in the late 60's.

I had a 65 more door, that used for parts on another car, put the old parts back on the 4-door, painted it white.
Car cruised nice, had a decent blue interior. 273 auto.

-
Back