Let's be honest....

-
Abodyjoe your right.. There is your way of thinking which is why put a new hemi in and get rid of all the new components seems Like a waste... I get where your coming from. Then I guess your also right about me being like ya it's got a hemi... Just to be able to say that.. But they do make good power stock also.. And cammed over 400

You should see it with the Hemi chrome dome air cleaner on it!! I wish I had pictures if it finished.

070708_17322.jpg

found this one for ya...

So about 2000 for all the parts plus the cost of a hemi.... Not to bad... The only thing is can you do without tue hemi6 controller? What exactly is that?

Oo another reason to go carb is that the intake with the tb facing forward is just plain ugly when you have to run piping to a ugly cone filter

This engine has no distributor so you need a controller to run the 8 coils. The Hemi 6 is just that. You need to run a stock crank sensor, cam sensor, and MAP sensor. The wiring harness plugs into them and into the coils. The Hemi 6 then fires the coils in sequence to run the engine and performs the (mechanical) and the vaccume advance.

at what point would the computer need to be tuned? will a stock motor need to be tuned or only after so many mods??

Even a stock engine will make more power tuned differently, remember the factory is looking for longevity and set up for people who turn the key and take off. If you are willing to put high octane in it you can be more agressive with advance curves etc....

Hemijoejr: That engine looks cool no matter what anyone says! I like the advantages of fuel injection, but it doesn't look right in an older car unless you can cover it with an old style air breather. They do make them as well, but a carb works fine. All you'll loose by going carb is a neglegable amout of fuel mileage. If it isn't a daily driver than it won't make much differance either way

Now if they only made a cross ram intake for a new hemi. Think of the possibilitys

I have been talking about that for 2 years and have even wrote to Edelbrock about it. I have even gone as far as to friend Vic Edelbrock on Facebook and ask him if they have one in the works. He said no but I tried!!:angry7: I'm going to start askin Indy next!!

I have been talking about that for 2 years and have even wrote to Edelbrock about it. I have even gone as far as to friend Vic Edelbrock on Facebook and ask him if they have one in the works. He said no but I tried!!:angry7: I'm going to start askin Indy next!!
Keep me updated! I think it would be a big seller if they would do it. I'll buy one

Oo ok.. Get the controller and it emlimates the need for a PCM? Correct? Saw it for sale for 430.. Not to bad.. Also your car looks great!!! Any advice you give I am taking. Just called a guy about a hemi with 60 thousand on the clock hoping to pick it up this weekend... So how much did that dual quad intake run ya?

Also alot of tue hemis I see have what looks like a coil pack on one of the plug wires... How did you do away with them? Or certain years have them other don't?

Oo ok.. Get the controller and it emlimates the need for a PCM? Correct? Saw it for sale for 430.. Not to bad.. Also your car looks great!!! Any advice you give I am taking. Just called a guy about a hemi with 60 thousand on the clock hoping to pick it up this weekend... So how much did that dual quad intake run ya?

Yes with a carb and a Hemi 6 and POOF!! No PCM. The dual quad was around $400. I think Summit has them in stock. Indy has one too. It's called the Mod Man.

Also alot of tue hemis I see have what looks like a coil pack on one of the plug wires... How did you do away with them? Or certain years have them other don't?
I think its a kit from indy heads that hides the coil pack under the intake. They also have the old style black wrinkle valve covers for new hemis as well.

I think its a kit from indy heads that hides the coil pack under the intake. They also have the old style black wrinkle valve covers for new hemis as well.

In stock form the coil packs are on the valve covers. Yellow73dart is right. Indy has the relocation kit but they are a bit on the expensive side. The tall valve covers they have don't fit that well on the engine in an A Body but you can get them to fit. The wires, valve covers, and the relocation kit are $1000.00. I just put the Indy valve covers on my hemi and you can't take them off without removing the heater box and the master cylinder. I made my own relocation kit before they could be bought. It isn't all that hard but it is a bit time consuming. If you are intrested, I have some hemi retrofit stuff I can sell you. Modified stock valve covers (the same ones in the pic of my engine with the air cleaner on it), spark plug wires (the red MSD ones in the pic) and a canton 6 quart oil pan let me know if you need it.:toothy10:

So about 2000 for all the parts plus the cost of a hemi.... Not to bad... The only thing is can you do without tue hemi6 controller? What exactly is that?

Oo another reason to go carb is that the intake with the tb facing forward is just plain ugly when you have to run piping to a ugly cone filter

You "could" hide the filter with a true cold air intake?

100_2420.jpg

Still I think the carb just looks so much cleaner of a install but thanks for a idea...

See if this video works. The picture and sound quality suck but you get the Idea.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbujdea-w4o"]YouTube - Cammin hemi.3g2[/ame]

That sounds soo good... I can wait now.. I'm going to do this hemi install...

Let me run down a list of everything I need...

Intake $350-400
Hemi 6 $430
Srt8 jeep headers. $??
Motor mounts $133
Oil pan pick up and gasket $300
My car is ps so need that kit. $150
Oil filter remote $70
Think that is about it... Add any other things I'm missing...

-
Back