Let's hear what you guys think on this 416

-

mismy69swinger

Reaction score
Here's what I got so far 69 block .30 over 4.00 eagle 4340 with eagle armor and h-beam rods hughes girdle arp studs ross custom 10:5.1 hughes roller rockers and hydraulic roller lifters edelbrock rpm 63 cc head lite port job flowing at 286/210 @ .600 lift rpm airgap intake lite port and gasket matched 750 ultra holley DB
running a 30lb flywheel zoom clutch a833 with a dana 373 gear in a 69 dart

Question i havent picked headers yet trying to find someone that builds stainless steel polished and i havent picked out a cam yet. looking for a cam, Ignition & Electrical. I would like some input in this thanks guys and girls.
also i know cams going to mean alot on the horse power so if you think of a good one what kind of hp will it put out this is going to be sat/sun cruzer and hit the 1/8 sometimes and maybe 1/4 here and there but mostly on the street.

Oh I forgot look at this website called gofaststuff.com this is where I got the kit and seemed to be cheaper than one else I found and super nice guy tell him chris weaver told you about them he has done a good job so far and talked me out of some stuff cause he said it didnt do much for the money so he is truthful so far

If you haven't got the piston rings yet use the Total Seal Gapless file fit rings, I use them in my 340.

Can you tell me website (or link prefered) to where you got the girdle for your 340

oh yes i forgot that i did get those and the milodon 8 qt pan with the edelbrock fuel pump i think it 130 gph

What are you putting this engine in? If its an A body the 8 quart is to big. The pan is 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 inch more depth then the stock pan. So if you bottom out the car or go over a speed bump you'll hit your oil pan. I found out the hard way. I now use the 7 quart milodon oil pan which is only 1/2 or 3/4 inch more then stock and I have no more ground clearance problem (mines in a 70 Duster).

Also do you know if the girdle will work with the milodon windage try?

You might want to think about running a pressure/flow regulator on your motor if the fuel pump is flowing that much. I use a stock fuel pump and have not problems.

Has the block been machined? Which Ross pistons did you get? What model Holley 750 is it?

Oh I forgot look at this website called gofaststuff.com this is where I got the kit and seemed to be cheaper than one else I found and super nice guy tell him chris weaver told you about them he has done a good job so far and talked me out of some stuff cause he said it didnt do much for the money so he is truthful so far

I bought my kit from Frank, he is a good guy. I would recommend getting it balanced at a LOCAL shop. I bought mine balanced and his supplier did a SHITTY job on it though! I will always have them balanced locally from now on!

What are you putting this engine in? If its an A body the 8 quart is to big. The pan is 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 inch more depth then the stock pan. So if you bottom out the car or go over a speed bump you'll hit your oil pan. I found out the hard way. I now use the 7 quart milodon oil pan which is only 1/2 or 3/4 inch more then stock and I have no more ground clearance problem (mines in a 70 Duster).

Also do you know if the girdle will work with the milodon windage try?

yeek not sure if the gridle will work with the windage tray but i will let you know soon its going into a 69 dart

I bought my kit from Frank, he is a good guy. I would recommend getting it balanced at a LOCAL shop. I bought mine balanced and his supplier did a SHITTY job on it though! I will always have them balanced locally from now on!

thats what my builder told me he said to get it unbalanced cause none of them get it right.

Why do you think you need a girdle

I dont but the guy I bought all the stuff must have thought he did so i guess I'm going to use it. I got the block heads and intake and other parts from him as a package. I guess it would help hold the bottom end togather cant hurt

Go to compcams.com and download camquest6 to get a baseline for a cam. For the price the MP adjustable dizzy is a good deal.

I think the 750 is smallish for a carb on a stroker with that much cam:) should be a 850 or so, and I like theh kevco pans, good scappers, baffles etc and better road clearance too.
Like what you have I ran 10.5 Ross pistons forger nice parts buddy:) Balance out great too

I think the 750 is smallish for a carb on a stroker with that much cam:) should be a 850 or so, and I like theh kevco pans, good scappers, baffles etc and better road clearance too.
Like what you have I ran 10.5 Ross pistons forger nice parts buddy:) Balance out great too

thats good to hear this is going to be my first time taking a car and doing a restore on it so i want to make it as nice as my money will allow

and i was thinking the same thing i would think 770 or 800 but he said 750 i dont know if he plans on doing something to it or not i might just go and get a 800 or 850

-
Back