Let's hear your "black widow" part story.

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
I couldn't really find or think of a better name for it. It's basically a part that you got a good deal on or had laying around that caused a project to snowball.

I had this carb laying around so I bought this project car......
Got a good deal on these pistons so it's now on race gas with 4.56's :usflag:

A single W2 bare head…….. my life has been a living nightmare since. And now I’m poor to boot.

Craigslist 383 for $50, now it needs a home! I know buy a car for it. FML

IMG_9650.jpeg

Last edited:
This was a while ago, but it started with a 426 inline dual quad for $50... Then a set of StageV hemi heads (the kind that bolted on to a B/RB block) for $500 that needed a bunch of repairs... a set of Hemi rods for $100 because the guy was going to aluminum rods, and another $50 for the stock standard bore pistons from the same guy...
I was on the prowl for a 426 RB block when "life" suddenly slapped me in the face and I had to liquidate everything. At least it didn't get a chance to snowball beyond that.
Now you can't find anything Hemi that doesn't have a couple more zeros on the price tag it seems.

Last edited:
A set of used Procomp small block heads that were opened up in the bowl so big that I had to go to 2.08 valves. That snowballed into plugging the pushrod holes and using w2 rockers and finding a w2 intake and....a LOT of work..

Over 20 years ago, I was debating to build the slant six in my Dart or swap in a V8 when I found somebody was selling a K-car turbo with a flange welded onto a slant six manifold, and a carb that was prepped for boost.

Turns out the manifold wasn't very well welded, the turbo was too small, and the carb had been worked over by someone with more end mills than tuning knowledge. Now the project is up to EFI, a turbo the size of a basketball, and I'm just finishing up swapping in an 8 3/4" rear end...

Abount 10 years ago, I picked up a Weiand Tunnel ram for an RB at a swap meet / drag race in Xenia Ohio. No plans for it, got it cheap enough that it could have been shop art. Now, it's.... well a major part of this machine!

moparty banner pic.jpg

-
Back