Lets play, "How Much Did It Make"

-
Fun build.

Out of curiosity: What kind of numbers do you think it would make if you lopped a couple of points of the compression ratio?

Nice work Mike! That's what we call makin chicken salad outta chicken ****.

Fun build.

Out of curiosity: What kind of numbers do you think it would make if you lopped a couple of points of the compression ratio?

Thats a good question. It has been discussed on here just recently and there is some debate about the affect of compression on power. Some say it will not make much more power increasing the compression 2 pts, some say it will. Its my experience that compression makes power in the right combination. It sure did in this one. And its not just the compression itself, its also the fuel that goes along with it. Pump gas swill is not very good, as we all know. But a good quality 110 race fuel is, and there is power in good fuel. Maybe thats the secret? Good fuel = Good power:burnout:

But IMO if we dropped it down 2pts to pump gas 10.7 to 1, we would lose around 50hp+ and the torque that goes with it. Its a general rule that for every 1 full point compression, you gain 4%.

Nice work Mike! That's what we call makin chicken salad outta chicken ****.

LOL right? More like Chicken Ala King LOL

The torque took me a bit by surprise, wasnt really expecting 700+ for so long. But good flowing heads and small port intake makes the velocity go way up. It was running 100%+ VE from 3900-5300rpm peaking at 102%

A/F was 12.8 to 13.15 and the BSFC was .374-.411 Most of the runs it averaged around .390's Oil pressure was 74-78psi

Got an email from the customer on this one, very positive results!

"Mike its Don here . That motor was all you said it was, man thought my car was gonna flip over, smashed my oil pan. So i could race today, we went half throttle ran 6.18 in the 1/8th. i got down to 4 cars. motor is kick ***, nice i love it, gonna get wheelie bars soon. rock and roll!!!"

WOW 6.18 in the 1/8th mile at 1/2 throttle!? Cant wait to see what its really going to do!

-
Back