Lets see your center console

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I am redoing the interior on my 72 Dart and am thinking of making my own console for an auto on the floor (cheetah SCS). I need some visual ideas to get me going in the right direction. So, if you have a console with an auto or manual that you made or retro fitted, or something.... Please post a pic.

We drove a new Dodge Caliber for a few days ( rental ) and I took a liking to the way they lighted the cup holders. I'm thinking I might buy one from a pick-N-pull yard in the future and retrofit a portion of it into a homemade console.
The main feature that I want to regain is the padded arm rest that I lost when the bench seat was removed. Its height along with storage and other details should be considered when designing a center console. One could bring the floor ducts out the sides of it, Add foot well lighting to the sides of it.
Good luck and show us know what you end up with.

Heres a few pics of mine, it still needs to be sanded down and gloss coated.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo367.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 279
  • Photo368.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 285
  • Photo369.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 268
Cudaspaz, that console looks awesome, Thats kinda what I was gonna due to mine, also love the trunk set up.

Blue missile, that is gonna look great when finished. Would love to see finished pics.

Mine's not quite as creative as some of the others. I just wanted to get rid of the woodgrain.

Attachments

• IMG_1132.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 232
Mine's not quite as creative as some of the others. I just wanted to get rid of the woodgrain.

Yes, but little details like that, make a huge difference. I thought of mounting my SCS to a stock console. I have seen pics somewhere, but I couldn't find them again.

I like this one also:
mopp_0906_04_z+1969_dodge_dart_gt+front_view.jpg

-
Back