Lets see your linkage!

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I want to order new linkage for my Holley 4779 DP and wanted to see some other set ups to get an idea of what would look best and here about any problems people ran into with which brands.

hard to beat the simplicity of the 273/4 setup. 3 rods, and end of head pivot, and a bellcrank. Adjust top rod to taste and I bet its under $200, way under....

Hey Doogie, is your transmission still using the TV set up? If so I’d recommend the Bouchillon trans cable and brackets. Little pricey but it works and is a pretty stout set up. It alleviates the issues with taller intakes etc. I look at what a transmission cost vs having a setup that operates as it should.

ACCELERATOR CABLE MOUNTING BRACKET 4 BRL - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

BPE TorqueFlite Kickdown Cable Kit - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

That is currently what is on the engine actually. I have not been really happy with it to be honest. I feel like I am constantly adjusting it and it seems to have more issues on my Holley than on my edelbrock.

I had an issue with the carb bracket wiggling on the mount stud. I made a piece out of flat 1/8” steel that comes off the rear manifold carb stud on passenger side that comes across to the bracket and mounts that eliminated that movement. If that’s what your dealing with.

I had an issue with the carb bracket wiggling on the mount. I made a piece out of flat 1/8” steel that comes off the rear manifold carb stud on passenger side that comes across to the bracket and mounts that eliminated that movement. If that’s what your dealing with.
I had to modify that bracket to fit at all. The issue I had was not having WOP when flooring the pedal.

Ok. Can’t help you there.

I just use stock 4bbl linkage with modified bracket to account for the 1" spacer. I also had to lengthen and bend the kickdown rod. I know it's boring factory stuff, but it works flawlessly.

Hey Doogie, is your transmission still using the TV set up? If so I’d recommend the Bouchillon trans cable and brackets. Little pricey but it works and is a pretty stout set up. It alleviates the issues with taller intakes etc. I look at what a transmission cost vs having a setup that operates as it should.

ACCELERATOR CABLE MOUNTING BRACKET 4 BRL - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

BPE TorqueFlite Kickdown Cable Kit - Bouchillon Performance Engineering
This is the same setup I have on 2 vehicles and while it does have some quirks, it’s hard to beat for a non factory intake, carb setup.

Truck

C5A325DE-2301-4438-B886-86D8E1709A34.jpeg

-
Back