lets try a tunnel ram

-

68 HEMI GTS

Reaction score
figure without some major changes i've about maxed out the ET on the dart. best its been is 10.30 @ 131. thats with the MP cross ram and the 770 carbs. We tried some 850's on it but the distribution really isn't for crap on that intake. to really get it to be right with the bigger carbs was going to take some distribution dams. So my solution, try the bigger carbs on an intake that shouldn't have any distribution issues. i set it on there last night, looks pretty cool. i'll have to fab up a throttle cable bracket and some fuel lines yet. have to wait a few months before i can see what it really does, if anything.

GAWD, that looks good.
The cross ram looks better in my opinion, but if it doesn't work, why not try the tunnel ram?
I would love to be there when you run it.......

Looks great Nevin can't wait to see how she runs. How does it fit under the hood.

Looks great Nevin can't wait to see how she runs. How does it fit under the hood.

i think the hood is going to be an issue, especially because i want to run air cleaners. may have to dig out the original hood my pops ran on it back in the day and toss some paint on it. should just add to the old school look.

i think the hood is going to be an issue, especially because i want to run air cleaners. may have to dig out the original hood my pops ran on it back in the day and toss some paint on it. should just add to the old school look.

Jimmy Addison ran that exact same hood.. Not to mention a tunnel-ram. Its a good look!!

5wyno9.jpg

looks awesome, I just fired off mine tonight , still needs some fine tuning , but it looks ridiculous LOL

Attachments

• rb240.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 242

Gotcha. Pretty cool to have a car your Dad used to run.

I love Tunnel Rams! I used to have a 9 second DartSport street car, it had an M1 TR with two 750 Quickfuel TR carbs, only downfall was that it drank ALOT of fuel, other than that it ran cleaner on the street than my Dominator, and was almost 1.5 tenths quicker in the 1/4 mile, even the 60 foot was a tad quicker. The trick to it is the carbs, 2 good carbs makes life easy, 2 bad carbs can be a total nightmare.

Attachments

• 100_1422.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 4.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 166
-
Back