letting go....

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
I got too much stuff, or too small of a garage! Anyone find it hard to let go of stuff that you spent so much time on? I like building stuff almost more than using it: a project is just another opportunity to buy another tool. Anyway, I have to retire my old Mazda pickup. Darn thing just wont pass smog (at $80 a try) no matter what I seem to do to it. I seem to take 2 steps back for every step forward. Changed fuel pump due to a lean out on the load test. Passed everything else. while I was at it I pulled the head and gave it a proper valve job, trued up the surface and new head gasket. Now its a 'gross polluter' on the tester, running rich. the fuel bowl is a clear sight glass with a bypass return line so I know its not fuel pressure related as the fuel is right to the line. State will retire it and give me a grand for it. Wife says its more than its worth, I disagree.
I also have a few stereos, loads of cameras, laptops...

And today I'm going to my Dad's funeral. Letting go is tough but it is something we all have to do sometimes. Material things are easy to part with, loved ones are not.

And today I'm going to my Dad's funeral. Letting go is tough but it is something we all have to do sometimes. Material things are easy to part with, loved ones are not.

May care and love of those around you provide peace and comfort to get you through the days ahead. My most sincere condolences..

Ters.

My heart and prayers are with your family today as you celebrate the life of your father! May he rest in peace, and may you and your family have peace and comfort in your hearts as you move to this new page in life!!

My sympathies. Lost mine at only 71. He had severe hypertension and Lupis, among other things. Only good thing in his case is he didn't suffer too long.

Very sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose a parent. Prayers from here for you and your family.

It's tough losing your father...condolences to you and your family.

-God speed man, my condolences to the loss to you & your family, letting go is never easy, lost my Dad over a year ago, and I'm still not "good" with the loss. -Lost my Mom almost 6 years ago now, and both are "hard" times to get over.....

ALWAYS remember the good times laughs aggravates between the 2 of you, and it does make it a little easier.......

God bless....

So sorry to hear about your dad! Saying goodbye is tough... I know. Lost my dad when I was 5 yrs old.... and getting ready to part with my Ford Ranger.

Remember the good times!

I only had 5 years with my dad, but almost 15 with my truck..... Stuff is only stuff... Its the people in our live who really matter!

Chin up man... I'm pullin for ya!

great support here. I appreciate all the well wishers.

AS for the the truck, my smog buddy I saw at the funeral (not the best way to catch up with old friends but it did make it alot easier) told me the milled head probably messed up my NOx levels something fierce. Upping the compression doesn't help emissions without alot of other controls in place. F' it, im done with it. If CA wants to give me a G for a 33 year old Jap beater, with rusted through fenders and a bent frame, they can have it. Im pulling the new 2bbl Nikki progressive carb off it and grafting it on a slant intake for a buddy out here. Dad is sending good vibes from beyond already as he told Mom to give me his cherry Low mile 92 Lexus SC-400. Im flying out in 2 weeks to drive it home.

Hope I can articulate My thoughts here pishta,
I am much better with machines...

FABO is not just a bunch random people posting hoopla & waiting for drama...
The web is replete with such forums !

This Family sees...& does not slight, rather always gives respect,
Lends life, substance,prayers, parts, info, $ if need be.

Letting Go, was about Your Pops I think.

& I add My humble prayers for You & Family,

~mech1

Condolences about your father...

You'll get over the pick-up truck soon enough....

-
Back