License plate rubber bumper issue

-

Mineallmine

Reaction score
Looking for a little help. I am nearing the completion of restoring my 1963 dart 170 2 door post car and ran into a little issue. I ordered the replacement rubber bumper kit from DMT and the bumpers that I'm assuming are meant for the rear license plate are too small. They are for a 1/4" hole. The hole for the rubber bumper on my car is between 1/3" and 3/8" (closer to 1/3). Unfortunately I no longer have the original bumpers as they were dry and rotted before removal.

Does any one have a source for these? Has anyone else ran into this issue? I also ran into an issue with the license plate mounting clips. I bought what I though would be correct, but my car came with metal license plate clips (only one was there). Fortunately Classic industries has those.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Try Dons autpo parts he has a ton of rubber from the military, my go to for that stuff.

Looking for a little help. I am nearing the completion of restoring my 1963 dart 170 2 door post car and ran into a little issue. I ordered the replacement rubber bumper kit from DMT and the bumpers that I'm assuming are meant for the rear license plate are too small. They are for a 1/4" hole. The hole for the rubber bumper on my car is between 1/3" and 3/8" (closer to 1/3). Unfortunately I no longer have the original bumpers as they were dry and rotted before removal.

Does any one have a source for these? Has anyone else ran into this issue? I also ran into an issue with the license plate mounting clips. I bought what I though would be correct, but my car came with metal license plate clips (only one was there). Fortunately Classic industries has those.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Call DMT !

Their service is stellar.

They might be able to make it for you or use a similar substitute part to help you out.

Call DMT !

Their service is stellar.

They might be able to make it for you or use a similar substitute part to help you out.
I have used a number of DMTs products and agree they are great to deal with. However I have to go through a Canadian dealer for their products as they don't ship directly to Canada. They do a great job of backing their products though, as I had a problem with a wrong part in one of their kits and they were quick to make it right

So, I took a chance and ordered a couple bumpers from rubber the right way. Price was good and shipping was OK (considering where I am and shipping across the border never seems cheap). Hopefully they fit and do what I want. They look like they will work though.

Thanks for the help

-
Back