Life Can Change Real Fast

-
I have seen this before and I wish I had refrained from giving any advise or making any comments. If the couple gets back together then you are the *** that caused trouble or meddled and they both hate you. Food for thought.
I have been there on both sides (lost a couple of really good friends) and it is true, but I wouldn't change it. I'd rather be an *** and risk losing a friend, than not try to help a friend, and even though I know his advice was well-intentioned, I haven't spoken to my best friend in over 13 years because some things just can't be unsaid. This whole male/female thing we call love is WAAAY more potent than even lifelong friendships when it is real. If your advice is honest, you just have to take that risk.

JR, if you get back with your wife, or you go through with a divorce, the important thing is that you mean it and don't do either because you feel like you have to, or it's easier, or just more comfortable. If the two of you feel as strongly now as you did when you first got married, good for you, If not... well, just be real careful.

Thank you all and Happy Holidays to of you. The next couple of days are going to be very hard to get through as I asn just a mees with uncontroled crying spells. I will have to spend Christmas Eve alone for the first time in my life as my sons are going to their inlaws. When I am alone is when it's the worst.

Hay junior, Well, came back to see how you were doing, I know this won't be a great holiday for you, but hang in there and I am sure that your boys will be checking in on you to make sure you are O.K.
Stay cool my friend, things will work out for the best. Stay well. Zippie.

Thank you all and Happy Holidays to of you. The next couple of days are going to be very hard to get through as I asn just a mees with uncontroled crying spells. I will have to spend Christmas Eve alone for the first time in my life as my sons are going to their inlaws. When I am alone is when it's the worst.

You're not going to be alone this Christmas, Junior. You have a lot of friends here who are sharing this time of need with you. Even though we may not be there personally, we have you in our thoughts and prayers that you can find peace during this most difficult time. I am going to send out a prayer for you tonight that God will touch your heart and bless you with His grace and glory to give you strength. You are loved, not only by Him, but by a lot of people, here and everywhere!! May peace be with you today, and in the days to come!!! Geof

need anybody to drop by during the holidays?

I am about an hour and a half away and i can possibly make a trip down your way if you need someone to talk to or ... someone to help you out.

I've never had to experience what you are going through and I hope I never do. But I do know several who have been through it. The one thing they always said in common is it hurts like a ***** in the beginning but time heals all wounds and they start to see it as a new beginning. The start of another adventure. It's hard to look at it that way right now but keep it mind. It will give you something to look forward to. Give it time and it will work out for the best. Have a Merry Christmas.

I will be home alone tonight also(big day tomorrow with family)You could come into the chat room and talk cars ONLY! with me and possibly other members that are "Home Alone"maybe share a drink together?Merry Christmas either way Junior.

I've read em all and i truly wouldn't wish this situation on anyone. There's always a lot of advice both good and bad and a few comments that will range in the "Way off the wall" section, but have you ever seen a proactive thread dealing with how to make your wife/husband seem needed and important? Every time we see these posts we all enter into the reactive mode. It seldom seems we ever focus on keeping something going only to scurry around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to fix something and at that point it's too late. Sorta like putting oil in a car. Sure you can maintain it and give it what it needs or you can just go on through life and deal with it when it scatters all over the hywy. Some good reactive advice was given but sometimes its to no avail to close the door of the barn after the pigs get out. Our prayers are still with ya and this has lead me to start a proactive thread on this subject in hopes that it may head off similiar situations, only because we do obviously care about one another. To all the best and Merry Christmas.
Small Block

I feel for you brother.
I know you don't think so right now, but it does get better. It's going to get a lot worse first, but it does get better.
You're going to wonder how a person whom you love to death is able to hurt you this way. You will go through every range of emotion known to man. You will find yourself at the lowest point you can possibly get. When you're there, the only direction you have to go is up.

My ex left me with a car, my clothes and $8.00 in bank when the dust finally settled.
She messed up, I closed out the bank account, bought $8.00 worth of White Castles and I never looked back.
That was 15 years ago. I own 2 houses, 6 cars, make more money than I've ever made and I'm happy.
She lives with her parents, hasn't had a job in 2 years and hasn't kept a job for more than a couple of months since we split. She has nothing, to include a car, the house we had is long gone, the furniture was auctioned off at a storage locker, a police and arrest record due to $18K worth of bad checks and any respect my son ever had for her is gone.

You will be fine. This is when you spend time with your boys, friends and other family. Just don't go doing anything you'll regret later. You might find yourself wanting to give things away, selling things on the cheap, and making some otherwise questionable decisions.
Good luck and we're here for you.

junior, I hope this message finds you feeling somewhat better and in the "looking forward" too the rest of "my life" mode.
The info, (message) you received from gunbummy was really good and I am hopeing that you will take it to hart. Some of the info you have received is from guy's like myself that have been through this "stuff" more then once and have started from the bottom again.
gunbunny is very right when he said, "you may want to sell everything or give it away", think long and hard before doing any of that, he was right!.
Don't rush into anything right now, cover your back with a good lawman that you feel is on your side, They know what your rights are and will lookout for your interest.
Stay well friend and keep us all informed. Zippie

Just thought I would give you an update on my situation. I have accepted the fact my marrage is over, but I still want her back. Saw a lawyer.. a good one...$310 an hour. I am seeing a shrink now because I can't get it together... still a tearful mess. I am spending all my time out in the shop doing a resto on my sons 80 RR. The car is in pieces as we are doing a color change. Installed frame connectors, slit floor boards between frame rails and dropped in 3"x1 1/2" tubing and welded up, welded in all the holes in fire wall from the heater and hoses. We are trying to get it done in the next couple weeks as I have a few customer jobs tofit in before I go back to work in mid March. The dart is sitting on the rotisrie outside in the snow.. poor baby. Best thing is I have been drinking beer..... I mean working out there 10 or 12 hours a day and no one here to ***** at me.

Keep your head down and your chin up... if that's anatomicly possible. You're gonna be OK, stay busy.

Hey Junior, glad you got your head buried into the kids car....that in itself is therapeutic, just as good as seeing a shrink in my opinion. Shrinks help too, I seen one before over issues I was having with my son. It helped. Believe it or not, posting on here will help to in one way or another, whether its looking for advice or looking to get something off your chest. Keep the young lad out in the garage with you, good place to bond and help each other thru these times. Spring is just around the corner and Cayuga is close to you right? Keep yer chin up better times are ahead trust me.

We race at Grand bend and test and tune at St Thomas, Cayuga to long of a haul to tow 2 cars $$$$$. The shrink is helping a little as she is helping me understand my wifes actions

is the RR going to be a race car ? any pic,s yet. here to hoping the new year will work out beter. beer is good too. i,m a lite weight takes 1 or2 for me. new job or going back to old one?

Hang in there junior. We're all here for you if you need us.

is the RR going to be a race car ? any pic,s yet. here to hoping the new year will work out beter. beer is good too. i,m a lite weight takes 1 or2 for me. new job or going back to old one?

alsdemon - here's the original thread on the roadrunner. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=107594&highlight=clutchflite

What a great car to start with! I bought the clutchflite from it. If my shop was insulated and heated, I'd dissect it for everyone's amusement.

Wylde1.

Pic's are in show me your f bodies in f body section. Yes race car and sorta street legal...lol... car went 11.90 in the fall. Now we are adding more gear and more torqueconvertor, trans brake, car has a 408 500 hp. Car is going Hemi Orange with black AAR tribute stripe. We have been taking pic's but they are still in the camera, will do a before and after thread later

Good to hear from ya wylde 1. Ya life sucks alot right now but getting a little better... I think. Got much snow in Ottawa we have had a few inch's on the ground for a few weeks now

Hey junior, I'm sorry to hear about this mess, why does it always happen to the nicest guys?

If you ever need anything just let me know.

Riddler

Hey junior, I'm sorry to hear about this mess, why does it always happen to the nicest guys?

If you ever need anything just let me know.

Riddler
Hey Joe
Been following your thread... wow nice parts...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
My son finally got the Hemi for the Mustang hoping to get it in this summer. Three cars on the go and only one shop, not enough beer or $$$$$$$$$$

Sorry about your luck, have been there a few times myself..One thing I did learn was to listen. I would say when you talk to your wife be sure to listen to what she says. If she is on the up and up you will know, same as if she is just playing you..Just be careful. And if it looks like it isn't going to mend, be the first one to file. In most cases the one that files first wins. Easier than having to fight for what you feel is yours. Make her do that. I sure hope it doesn't come to this, but if it does, just make sure you are prepared.

-
Back