......Life Happens

-

lawndart360

Reaction score
Some 5 or so years ago I aquire this 70 dart. A complete, running, driving car, but not completed to my satisfaction.

Aboslutely clean, not even surface rust or even orange stains on the trunk floor and floor boards, let alone anywhere else.

I commence to complete disassembly, with a mild 383 drive line set up and ready to go. The car has been blocked several times and is ready for paint. Long about this time the gas prices start going through the roof and my teens are approaching driving age, so i'm thinking this may be a driver for me and not a weekend toy.

Out goes the plans for the 383 set-up when I aquire a complete magnum 360, along with the entire doner vehicle. My plans are to swap absolutely everything and have late model fuel injected reliability and economy, as well as the o-d trans.

I realize that the o-d trans requires major torsion bar crossmember reconstruction, so there is no sense in putting on fresh paint when I have to do a bunch of welding and grinding.

Time passes....The crossmember has been reconstructed with only a little sheet metal work to finish it all off, ........and that is where we still are today.

In the meantime not only did I teach my oldest to drive, but he is now graduated and in his first year of college. Even my second oldest is driving and will graduate this June, he has been accepted to an excellent culinary institute in New York, which is awesome, until you start to look at the costs.

Also in the meantime, while raising my 3 biological kids, my wife and I have had 7 foster kids in our home. After a year, a sibling group of 4 has gone back home, leaving us with 3, another sibling group of twin 8 year old girls and a 2 year old little boy.

Of course with all these kids, I had to add a 3rd bathroom to the home, and not just a basic bathroom but with a hot tub and exotic ceramic tile, (my wife's idea). Let alone all the doctor appointments, shopping, groceries, clothes, church, swiming, dance (both jazz and hip hop). We also had to take 2 cars everywhere we went with the entire family.

But with only 6 kids in the house, all is quiet again. Life is good, if only I could get back to that Dart again!!!!!!!

Thanks to the admin for sending the email to check on me!!!!!

Well, it sure sounds like your life is full. :) Keep doing little bits on the Dart and eventually you'll get it finished. Time seems to be totally irrelevant when we're working on our old Mopars. :)

Life always gets in the way of our plans. Enjoy working on your Dart even a little piece at a time.

-
Back