Lift Off hood stanchions?

-

DartOS

Reaction score
Were the hood stanchions that came from the factory with the A12's aluminum or stainless steel? Just curious. And what length?
I don't remember ever seeing them back when I worked for Maw Mopar. But I've been told they came with the car.

Were the hood stanchions that came from the factory with the A12's aluminum or stainless steel? Just curious. And what length?
I don't remember ever seeing them back when I worked for Maw Mopar. But I've been told they came with the car.

huh?

I've seen some made out of what looks like aluminum tubing with hood pins welded in one end and a hole drilled in the other for the hairpins. Probably 16" to 20" long. Not factory for sure.

I've seen some made out of what looks like aluminum tubing with hood pins welded in one end and a hole drilled in the other for the hairpins. Probably 16" to 20" long. Not factory for sure.

oh those things... i hate them... you better to just get the 2x2 foam and stick it to the bottom of the hood. then set it on the roof and forget about it, we have our race weight hoods up on top at mats with heavy winds and wont even flutter

Just curious if they did or didn't come with the A12 cars from the factory.

Might want to ask over on FBBO. I saw some at shows years back. I can't imagine the were a factory issue. If they were, that would be so cool.

Just so we're on the same page, you mean these right.....

Attachments

• DSC_0011.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 137
No they did not come with them.I always put my A12 hood on the roof when working under the hood.

-
Back