lifted my boys cherokee today...

-
We lifted my son's Jeep and added stock Rubicon wheels a few years ago. It was a good father son project!!

LiftKit2.jpg
What year are they off of? I did not know they would fix ?

Looks great and I always thought they should sit that high stock with the new tires its going to rock

hay check craiges list for tires you might find some rubbie rims and tires cheap and then depending on the year get wheel addaptors for it and your done. i know there is a set on the detroit metro area rims and tires new for 1300.00 or best offer

I have a complete set of stock rubicon wheels and origional tires im looking to get rid of. the spare has never touched the ground, and the other 4 are probably 20%. Freight would be a killer but im just throwing it out there. if your interested we could negotiate.

heres my 96 XJ after i added a full 5 1/2 in front and 6 in the back. dropped pitman arm , transfer case drop , sway bar drop, 33 inch BFG KO's

Attachments

• jeep35.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 158
  • jeep10.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 156
  • jeep1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 108
  • jeep2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 92
this is mine with 4 1/2 with 35 on it not much trimming just knocked the rusted parts out of the way
http://
100_3745.jpg
[/IMG]

what size tires are on your jeep?

My tires are BF Goodrich All Terrain t/a's,.235/75 r15's with a triple sidewall,...Had to order them cause of the stronger sidewall. I bought em cause my FD/EMS runs put me on some pretty rough roads and I kept gettin sidewall bulges on the street tires,....Keep in mind my Cherokee is a 2wd with a limited slip diff,...and no lift.

Myself, I like the lift and the wheel size from my experience :hello2:
I like the less drag and noise, the gear is going to change ,I know you know this..
I like this body style/year cherokee's, this old fart would leave the wheel alone and go taller on the tires with on/off road tires.. Good job Joe/dad :cheers: Merry Christmas abodyjoe son :happy1:

Man those 33s and 35" tires make them look huge

You know you boy has most likely already checked what the biggest tire he could stuff in there.

When I was 18 and bought my first jeep it was an 80 cj-5 all stock from the local jeep dealer, it was super clean with about 50k miles on it.

I lifted it up and ran it hard.
I drove that old jeep for many years with 17 x 40" gumbo mudders.
Mudded the crap out of it.
The old 258 is one tough engine.

-
Back