Lifter oiling with bushed lifter bores

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A friend was considering bushing his lifter bores to run a solid roller. Do bushed lifter bores require any hole to allow oiling of the roller lifter body? If he wants to convert to solid flat tappet cam later in life does he need to modify the bushed lifter bores beyond what is needed for the roller?

Thank you

Some say you dont need them. I've always used a .040" hole because i build street engines that spend a while on idle and at idle the splash from the crank isnt that much.

could you just use the doug herbert rollers or the comp that ou812 (brain) sell instead of doing that????? im not sure but i think ive seen post where it was done..that should save alot of money..i had a guy price it for my motor it was like 500.00 or so for the bushing and install and hone.....

A friend was considering bushing his lifter bores to run a solid roller. Do bushed lifter bores require any hole to allow oiling of the roller lifter body? If he wants to convert to solid flat tappet cam later in life does he need to modify the bushed lifter bores beyond what is needed for the roller?

Thank you

My lifters allow you to run no bushings. They pushrod oil, oiled bearings, tall bodies and drop in all oem blocks with no machining.
Yes they are Comp, but we are selling at a very good price. The herbert's are good for the price, but they don't oil the bearings and I don't think they oil the pushrod...but I'm not 100% on that.
PM for pricing.
I have pics, if you want them I can link them to you. I can't resize on this site, takes too much time!!

-
Back