Lifter treatment

-

V8 Sam

Reaction score
Hey peeps!

Following on from my lifter tick thread I'm gonna try some additive to help.

Just wondering if anyone have any recommendations what one to use? Or what to avoid?

(Seafoam was mentioned but impossible to find here in the UK)

Hydrolic flat tappet type.

Marvel's Mystery Oil is another good one. Also one quart of Dexron III ATF.

We tried it all , We even tried new lifters. This is the third set in one of the engines. We fixed one ticking engine using lifters from an old mopar performance cam kit.

Most of the build here now get solid flat tappet cams. One of the engines with new comp lifters we trued and bushed the bores. No ticking so far. At least no complaints from the customer.

My son preps blocks and does lifter bushings for those interested. But nothing is better then a solid flat tap cam. Just look at the old pre 68 small blocks, Poly blocks and Slant Six's. They were the best.

New Hydraulic lifters you are depending on machinist work from people who just don't give a damn. I haven't seen any sets that fit or worked as they should

New Hydraulic lifters you are depending on machinist work from people who just don't give a damn. I haven't seen any sets that fit or worked as they should
Agree. I had to swap 7 out of 16 lifters on a resent small block build. Then 4 more fighting ticks at idle.
I tried many additives to no avail. But you may be able to buy Johnson's High Lift hydraulics. They get good reviews.
Hard part is shipping to the UK. Just a suggestion.

-
Back