Like new mopar/chrysler/plymouth/dodge complete engine (340+ type specs)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fbcuda69

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
FOR SALE: LIKE NEW MOPAR COMPLETE ENGINE (340+ TYPE SPECS)

Asking Price: $3,200

August 28, 2012:

I had tried my best to sell my 1969 barracuda late stage project as a whole, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Obviously the car is still available and there are many pictures and details on my other page: https://sites.google.com/site/69fbcudaforsale/ if anyone interested in the complete car.

My plan now is to sell the complete engine from the Barracuda first and then open up the rest of the car for either parting out or selling the rolling chassis.
If, after a couple of weeks or so, the engine has not sold or garnered any interest, I will then go ahead and open up most of the b'cuda to be parted out. (I will not sell any parts that are needed to start/run the engine at this time due to any potential buyer who would want to hear it run, check oil pressure, voltage, etc.)

I have provided below some very detailed information and the maximum pictures the forum allows of the complete motor I have for sale. I have set up a separate web page with many more pictures at: https://sites.google.com/site/moparengine if interested. You will see that I am offering much more than just a long or short block that you would normally buy. I have a complete breakdown of my engine costs (not including any labor) and have many receipts as proof. The price I am asking, with labor factored in, isn't even half of what the total costs I have incurred; So please.... serious inquiries only!

I should add that the motor is running, has been timed (minus distributor vacuum advance factored in; hose not hooked up to carb yet) and oil/vacuum pressure have been checked.

Just to give you and idea on how I take care of my things, you will see in one of the pictures that I even still have the two original tags that were attached to the block from the factory (Pre-installation checklist and Caution: Prior to engine installation) and the Mopar Perforance Parts Instruction Sheet for the P4876908 360 Pre-Magnum Short Block Assembly. Thank you for your consideration.

*Please note the temperature and oil pressure sending units are mounted on the motor, however, these will be taken off after engine is sold. I need these to go with the custom gauge kit I bought an would be selling afterwards. If interested in gauges too, this obviously becomes a mute point.

WHAT'S INCLUDED IN ENGINE PACKAGE:

1. New Mopar (P4876908) 360 Short Block (Purchased directly from Dodge Dealership)
Specs include:
1.63 comp. height, 10.1:1 compression ratio, Thermocycled block bored .020 Oversize, slightly shorter deck assures smooth gasket surface, New engine bearings, New hydraulic camshaft with New tappets, properly clearances crankshaft and connecting rods, New aluminum pistons and moly piston rings, New timing gears and chains (double roller), Externally balanced; balanced as a pre-magnum 360.

2. New Re-manufactured 360 915 J heads (Purchased directly from Aerohead Racing; a division of Indy Racing)
Specs include:
2.02 x 1.60 stainless valves, 67-70cc open chamber design, .509" lift springs, larger intake port volume than original 160cc

Heads are assembled with a like new appearance and quality, will all new Aeromax parts installed and a milled deck surface. These heads have outstanding features that include: Premium one-piece stainless steel high flow valves, heat treated and machined steel retainers and valve locks, seats, bronze wall valve guides, 3 angle valve job, and heavy duty valve springs.

3. Brand New (P4452782) Mopar Purple 340 Muscle Car Factory Original Hydraulic Camshaft with New Tappets
Specs include:
268/276 duration, O-Lap 44, Centerline 114, Lift .429/.444, Basic RPM idle-5800

*Please note that the original cam that was in the block was a pretty aggressive light strip type. I wanted to make the engine more like a 340 so this is why the cam was changed out. I still have the original new camshaft, if wanted, that was pulled and I even can give the specs for it, if someone is interested. Gives you an idea that this block was designed and built for high performance!

4. New Mopar (P5007301) Vibration Damper (externally balanced)

5. New (#1406) Edelbrock Performance Series Electronic Carburetor with Carb Adapter Plate
Specs include:
600 cfm, square flange, electric choke, non-emissions

6. 340/360 Edelbrock Dual Intake Manifold
Pulled from previous engine; gasket surfaces cleaned and manifold painted

7. Original (Black Wrinkle Powder Coated) 340 Air Cleaner with Base, Breather, and Hose ; New 340 Pie Plate (repro.)

8. New Mopar (P5007611) Black Wrinkle Cast Aluminum Valve Cover Set

9. New Mopar Chrome Breather and New PCV Valve

10. New Jet-Hot Ceramic Coated Hooker Super Comp Headers
*Please keep in mind engine has now been started several times, so with any header/exhaust manifold there will show some use.

11. New Edelbrock Flex and Fuel Lines with Anodized Filter

12. New High Energy Pushrods

13. New B&M Heavy Duty Flexplate

14. New Mopar Distributor

15. New Kirkland Battery and original used battery holder

16. Mopar Electronic Ignition (orange box) with Black Coil

17. New Taylor Spark Plug Wires

18. New Bosch Alternator with Alternator Brackets

19. Mopar Mini Starter

20. New Bosch Water Pump

21. New Mopar (P5249059) Oil Pan pickup/screen and dip stick with New Oil Pan Bolt Set (P4120613)

22. New Carter Mechanical Fuel Pump

23. New Mopar (P4286759) Chrome Water Neck and New Mopar (P4876307) Thermostat

24. New Oil Pump

25. Throttle assembly and springs

26. New Goodyear Gatorback Fan Belt

27. New Mopar (P4876373) Intake Bypass Hose

28. New Spectre Chrome Spring Mount

29. New ARP/Gardner Wescott Bolts, Gaskets, Sealants, etc.

30. Fan Blade Assembly

31. Any misc. old engine parts if available

key words: Dart Demon Duster Valiant Cuda Challenger Charger Coronet AMC Dodge Chrysler Plymouth

Attachments

• motor16.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 3,206
  • motor15.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 1,341
  • motor1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 2,580
  • motor2.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 2,759
  • motor8.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 1,168
  • motor12.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,140
  • motor5.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,136
  • motor18.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,155
  • motor21.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,119
  • motor22.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,099
Thanks for the notice; I had caught that soon after I had posted the ad. The price is now in the listing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back