limited slip 7 1/4 rear?

-

/6DartSport

Reaction score
Just got my first mopar, So as I was power braking the car spinnin' the tires I noticed that it spun both back tires, but it has only spun one back tire before? I jacked it up and turned the tire forward and the other tire turned the opposite direction, So limited slip or open differential? thanks.:read2:

Just got my first mopar, So as I was power braking the car spinnin' the tires I noticed that it spun both back tires, but it has only spun one back tire before? I jacked it up and turned the tire forward and the other tire turned the opposite direction, So limited slip or open differential? thanks.:read2:

Sorry, open

Terry

Terry's right it's an open. Just wanted to ad that I have had a couple cars with open rears that did spin both wheels equally like a sure-grip. The main reason the open rearend just spins one tire is when you get on it the right side of the rearend twists up causing more weight applied to the left tire so the right lets go first. If you run springs biased more on the right side to counter the way it lifts it'll make it spin more evenly. Still not like a sure-grip but much better. I did that on my old 93 Dakota that was bad about spinning just the right tire and it made a tremendous diff. Knocked off over 3 tenths in the 1/4.

Oh yeah. The less power you have the more likely it'll spin both wheels cause it doesn't twist the rearend so hard to make the right side lift.

-
Back